CBS Films has acquired screen rights to The Husband’s Secret, the Liane Moriarty novel that was published in July by Amy Einhorn Books and hit the bestseller lists. The novel follows three different women whose lives are plunged into crises after one of the women opens a Pandora’s Box that ties all three women together in ways no one could have suspected. “This is a book that is being read and passed on to friends by women of all ages,” said CBS Films co-president Terry Press. “The characters and story have evoked strong critical and reader reactions and we are thrilled to translate that to the big screen.” IPG and Curtis Brown Australia repped by he book. CBS exec Winnie Kemp is overseeing.
CBS Films Acquires ‘The Husband’s Secret’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Black Panther' Keeps Box Office Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; 'I Can Only Imagine' Sings $17M High Note
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Film News
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel