EXCLUSIVE: Following Hostages, which premiered on Monday, CBS and Jerry Bruckheimer are teaming for another serialized drama project. The network has bought Oasis, which will be written by Underworld: Awakening scribe John Hlavin. It revolves around the inhabitants of a new self-sustaining perfect community who discover there may be danger and mystery to the greater purpose of this Oasis. Jerry Bruckheimer TV and Warner bros. TV are producing, with Hlavin, Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman executive producing and KristieAnne Reed co-executive producing. This is the third sale for Bruckheimer TV this season, along with drama Home, written by Aron Eli Coleite, which has a put pilot commitment at Fox, and Sheri Elwood-written comedy Bagel Nation at ABC, which, like Oasis, has a script commitment. In TV, Hlavin previously wrote a Wyatt Earp Western for Fox. He is repped by UTA, 3 Arts and Karl Austen.
CBS Buys Jerry Bruckheimer-Produced Mystery Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Latest TV News
- ‘Andi Mack’ Renewed For Third Season On Disney Channel
- David Attenborough’s New Wildlife Series Leads BBC Showcase Deals
- Fergie’s National Anthem Performance Panned At NBA’S All-Star Game
- BBC Studios Scores Non-Scripted Orders From Viacom’s C5 – BBC Showcase
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Exec Producer Frank Doelger Launches Drama Firm
- Donald Trump Taunts Oprah At End Of Manic Weekend Of Tweets And TV News Watching