EXCLUSIVE: Following Hostages, which premiered on Monday, CBS and Jerry Bruckheimer are teaming for another serialized drama project. The network has bought Oasis, which will be written by Underworld: Awakening scribe John Hlavin. It revolves around the inhabitants of a new self-sustaining perfect community who discover there may be danger and mystery to the greater purpose of this Oasis. Jerry Bruckheimer TV and Warner bros. TV are producing, with Hlavin, Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman executive producing and KristieAnne Reed co-executive producing. This is the third sale for Bruckheimer TV this season, along with drama Home, written by Aron Eli Coleite, which has a put pilot commitment at Fox, and Sheri Elwood-written comedy Bagel Nation at ABC, which, like Oasis, has a script commitment. In TV, Hlavin previously wrote a Wyatt Earp Western for Fox. He is repped by UTA, 3 Arts and Karl Austen.
CBS Buys Jerry Bruckheimer-Produced Mystery Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo
- ‘Before The Flood’ To Premiere Commercial Free Across Nat Geo Global Networks October 30
- ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’ Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To…
- Freeform Buys 'Bad Dates' Relationship Comedy From 'Veep's Timothy Simons
- Chris McCarthy Adds MTV Oversight With Promotion To President Of MTV, VH1 & Logo
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Rise As Seahawks & Cardinals Game Ends In Tie