EXCLUSIVE: Following Hostages, which premiered on Monday, CBS and Jerry Bruckheimer are teaming for another serialized drama project. The network has bought Oasis, which will be written by Underworld: Awakening scribe John Hlavin. It revolves around the inhabitants of a new self-sustaining perfect community who discover there may be danger and mystery to the greater purpose of this Oasis. Jerry Bruckheimer TV and Warner bros. TV are producing, with Hlavin, Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman executive producing and KristieAnne Reed co-executive producing. This is the third sale for Bruckheimer TV this season, along with drama Home, written by Aron Eli Coleite, which has a put pilot commitment at Fox, and Sheri Elwood-written comedy Bagel Nation at ABC, which, like Oasis, has a script commitment. In TV, Hlavin previously wrote a Wyatt Earp Western for Fox. He is repped by UTA, 3 Arts and Karl Austen.
CBS Buys Jerry Bruckheimer-Produced Mystery Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”
- For ‘Limitless,’ ‘Rosewood’ And Other New Shows, Is 15 Minutes All It Takes To Win?
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- ‘Quantico’ Gets 2nd Encore After Strong L3 Ratings, ‘Beyond the Tank’ Pushed