EXCLUSIVE: Cameron Diaz, who played the title role in the hit 2011 Columbia Pictures comedy Bad Teacher, is boarding the feature’s upcoming series adaptation for CBS. Diaz will serve as a producer on the midseason comedy produced by Sony TV, CBS TV Studios and Mosaic. She reunites with the movie’s writers Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg who serve as executive producers on the series alongside the show’s writer/showrunner Hilary Winston, Jimmy Miller, Sam Hansen and Michael Lasker. The single-camera Bad Teacher centers on hot, fearless and unapologetic former trophy wife Meredith Davis (Ari Graynor, also a producer) who masquerades as a teacher in order to find a new man after her wealthy husband leaves her penniless. The role was played by Diaz in the movie where the character was named Elizabeth Halsey. Diaz will next be seen next in Ridley Scott’s The Counselor and is currently filming Columbia Pictures’ Sex Tape, which reunites her with her Bad Teacher director Jake Kasdan and co-star Jason Segel. Her upcoming projects include The Other Woman and Annie. Her first foray into television producing was Trippin, a 10-episode environmental adventure series for MTV, which premiered in 2004.
Cameron Diaz Joins CBS’ ‘Bad Teacher’ Comedy Series As Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo
- ‘Before The Flood’ To Premiere Commercial Free Across Nat Geo Global Networks October 30
- ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’ Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To…
- Freeform Buys 'Bad Dates' Relationship Comedy From 'Veep's Timothy Simons
- Chris McCarthy Adds MTV Oversight With Promotion To President Of MTV, VH1 & Logo
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Rise As Seahawks & Cardinals Game Ends In Tie