EXCLUSIVE: Syfy has teamed up with X-Men director Bryan Singer and his Bad Hat Harry Prods. (House) for Creature At Bay, a drama series project, which will be developed as a 90-minute pilot script. It will be written by John Cabrera, co-creator of Warner Bros.’ award winning sci-fi digital series H+, also produced by Bryan Singer. Creature At Bay is set in the wake of the US military taking down a giant, rampant creature — a modern-day “Kaiju” monster – just off the Northern California coast. A middle-management Undersecretary from the California Emergency Management Agency is charged with leading the clean-up efforts as the small town becomes the focus of the entire world. Universal Cable Prods. is producing, with Singer and Bad Hat’s Jason Taylor executive producing and John Cabrera co-executive producing. WME-repped Bad Hat Harry Prods. also has ABC’s straight-to-series The Black Box, and a Twilight Zone reboot in development at CBS TV Studios. H+ is in pre-production on a second season.
Bryan Singer To Produce Modern Monster Drama Project For Syfy
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot