EXCLUSIVE: Syfy has teamed up with X-Men director Bryan Singer and his Bad Hat Harry Prods. (House) for Creature At Bay, a drama series project, which will be developed as a 90-minute pilot script. It will be written by John Cabrera, co-creator of Warner Bros.’ award winning sci-fi digital series H+, also produced by Bryan Singer. Creature At Bay is set in the wake of the US military taking down a giant, rampant creature — a modern-day “Kaiju” monster – just off the Northern California coast. A middle-management Undersecretary from the California Emergency Management Agency is charged with leading the clean-up efforts as the small town becomes the focus of the entire world. Universal Cable Prods. is producing, with Singer and Bad Hat’s Jason Taylor executive producing and John Cabrera co-executive producing. WME-repped Bad Hat Harry Prods. also has ABC’s straight-to-series The Black Box, and a Twilight Zone reboot in development at CBS TV Studios. H+ is in pre-production on a second season.
Bryan Singer To Produce Modern Monster Drama Project For Syfy
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate