EXCLUSIVE: Syfy has teamed up with X-Men director Bryan Singer and his Bad Hat Harry Prods. (House) for Creature At Bay, a drama series project, which will be developed as a 90-minute pilot script. It will be written by John Cabrera, co-creator of Warner Bros.’ award winning sci-fi digital series H+, also produced by Bryan Singer. Creature At Bay is set in the wake of the US military taking down a giant, rampant creature — a modern-day “Kaiju” monster – just off the Northern California coast. A middle-management Undersecretary from the California Emergency Management Agency is charged with leading the clean-up efforts as the small town becomes the focus of the entire world. Universal Cable Prods. is producing, with Singer and Bad Hat’s Jason Taylor executive producing and John Cabrera co-executive producing. WME-repped Bad Hat Harry Prods. also has ABC’s straight-to-series The Black Box, and a Twilight Zone reboot in development at CBS TV Studios. H+ is in pre-production on a second season.
Bryan Singer To Produce Modern Monster Drama Project For Syfy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series