Deadline Awards Columnist Pete Hammond sits down with ENTV host Melana Scantlin to talk about the drama categories in a preview of likely winners in this year’s Primetime Emmys. Pete says good timing likely tips a tough and tight race for Best Drama Series to Breaking Bad, but look out for House Of Cards, which might have something to say in some of the acting categories. Fine performances by the key people in Mad Men aren’t likely to get rewarded, Pete suggests, but voters may check in to Bates Motel for an acting win there.
ENTV: Pete Hammond On Emmy Drama Series Contenders
Oscar Watch 2017Best Picture Predictions by 28 ExpertsOdds1La La Land9/22Moonlight13/23Manchester by the Sea7/14Arrival10/15Lion10/1
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Awardsline News
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Oscars Ratings: Best Picture Gaffe-Stained Show Down To Nine-Year Low
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can’t Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame
- ‘Moonlight’ Wins Best Picture Oscar … In A Do-Over – Deadline’s Live Blog