EXCLUSIVE: Yuval Adler, who co-wrote and made his feature directing debut on the Toronto entry Bethlehem, has inked with WME after being pursued by several agencies and management companies up north. The pic, which had its North American debut this week in the festival’s Discovery section, centers on a young Palestinian who is recruited as as an informant by the Israeli secret service Shin Bet, and he becomes caught between two very different kinds of loyalty when he discovers that his employers are plotting to assassinate his radical brother. The Israel-born Adler, who studied philosophy at Columbia University, spent years interviewing Shin Bet officers and Palestinian militants in the making of the movie, which has been nominated for 12 Israeli Academy Awards.
Toronto: WME Signs ‘Bethlehem’ Helmer Yuval Adler
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'