EXCLUSIVE: Yuval Adler, who co-wrote and made his feature directing debut on the Toronto entry Bethlehem, has inked with WME after being pursued by several agencies and management companies up north. The pic, which had its North American debut this week in the festival’s Discovery section, centers on a young Palestinian who is recruited as as an informant by the Israeli secret service Shin Bet, and he becomes caught between two very different kinds of loyalty when he discovers that his employers are plotting to assassinate his radical brother. The Israel-born Adler, who studied philosophy at Columbia University, spent years interviewing Shin Bet officers and Palestinian militants in the making of the movie, which has been nominated for 12 Israeli Academy Awards.
Toronto: WME Signs ‘Bethlehem’ Helmer Yuval Adler
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Jack Kesy As Villain: Could He Be Black Tom?
- Rob Reiner’s ‘LBJ’ Getting November Release From Electric Entertainment
- Pierce Brosnan Talks ‘Spinning Man’ On The Los Angeles Set – Cannes Market
- A24 & Picturehouse Partner For ‘A Ghost Story’ UK Release
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Trailer Depicts Young Peter Parker As Spidey-In-Making
- Final ‘Valerian’ Trailer Takes A Look At City Of A Thousand Planets