EXCLUSIVE: Yuval Adler, who co-wrote and made his feature directing debut on the Toronto entry Bethlehem, has inked with WME after being pursued by several agencies and management companies up north. The pic, which had its North American debut this week in the festival’s Discovery section, centers on a young Palestinian who is recruited as as an informant by the Israeli secret service Shin Bet, and he becomes caught between two very different kinds of loyalty when he discovers that his employers are plotting to assassinate his radical brother. The Israel-born Adler, who studied philosophy at Columbia University, spent years interviewing Shin Bet officers and Palestinian militants in the making of the movie, which has been nominated for 12 Israeli Academy Awards.
Toronto: WME Signs ‘Bethlehem’ Helmer Yuval Adler
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company
- Ghost-Hunter Drama Set To Haunt BBC America & BBC One
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Heads To Hulu Plus
- Courtney B. Vance & James Remar Join 'State Of Affairs'; Jennifer Hasty Takes 'Selfie'
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'