Benedict Cumberbatch has been named British Artist of the Year by BAFTA’s LA branch. He will be honored at the org’s 2013 Britannia Awards for representing “the best of UK talent.” The busy actor has three films bowing in Toronto starting with today’s world premiere of The Fifth Estate, in which he plays WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. He also appears in fest titles 12 Years A Slave and August: Osage County. As Deadline reported yesterday, he is negotiating to star in James Gray’s Lost City Of Z. He’s also due to return to television in the upcoming third season of the BBC’s Sherlock. The Britannia Awards will be held on November 9 in Beverly Hills and will air on BBC America the following evening. Other honorees this year include George Clooney, Kathryn Bigelow and Ben Kingsley.
Benedict Cumberbatch On BAFTA/LA Honors List
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'