APA has signed screenwriter Daniel Turkewitz, who recently sold his feature spec script Tranquility Base, to 20th Century Fox in a pre-emptive buy. Scott Free’s Ridley Scott, Michael Schaefer, Brooklyn Weaver and Jonathan Krauss are set to produce the sci-fi space drama which has elements of Lord Of The Flies. Michael Pruss will executive produce. Turkewitz was a successful Manhattan architect who decided to change careers and apply to film school, going on to receive his masters in screenwriting from NYU. Turkewitz also is repped by manager Brooklyn Weaver and attorney Jeff Frankel.
APA Signs Screenwriter Daniel Turkewitz
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM