ABC has bought The Bounty, a drama project from CSI creator Anthony E. Zuiker and Brillstein Entertainment Partners. Written by South Beach creator/executive producer Matt Cirulnick, The Bounty centers around one victim’s quest for justice and healing. After her family is murdered, a national frenzy erupts as she inspires America to create the largest bounty in history for the killer’s capture. “The Bounty takes such a fresh approach to the crime show genre by combining the universal theme that we all want justice for the victim with how crowdsourcing plays a very important role in helping law enforcement today,” said Zuiker. Zuiker’s Dare To Pass is producing with ABC Studios, where the company is under an overall deal, and another ABC Studios-based company, Brillstein Entertainment, which partners with Zuiker on all of his development. Zuiker will executive produce alongside Cirulnick, who came up with the original idea, as well as Brillstein’s Margaret Riley, David McIlvain and TV head Robin Schwartz. Matthew Weinberg, president of production for Dare to Pass, will serve as producer. Zuiker recently ventured into reality with Whodunnit?, which aired on ABC this summer. Brillstein, which co-produces new ABC drama series Resurrection, has three other projects set up at ABC this development season: comedies from writers Ali Rushfield and Kristin Newman and a drama from Jordon Nardino. Zuiker and Cirulnick are repped by CAA and Brillstein.
Anthony Zuiker To Produce Bounty Drama For ABC
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios