Animal Planet has given a six-episode order to Alaska Gold Diggers, a fish-out-of-water reality series about five Orange County women transplanted to Alaska, to premiere on October 10. Produced by T Group Productions in association with Henry Island Prods, the series centers on Newport Beach resident SaraJane “SJ” Bartholomae, who inherits two gold mines from her self-made oil and gold tycoon father, William “Popper” Bartholomae, who was brutally murdered when she was a child. With gold prices at an all-time high, SJ and her four grown daughters decide to revitalize the family mines in Nome and Fairbanks, which have remained abandoned since Popper’s death. With their pooled savings, they race against time, hiring local mining crews to try and get the mines up and running with only six weeks before the start of the Alaskan winter. “It’s more than just a fish-out-of-water story — these women have grit and gumption, and will stop at nothing until they realize their father and grandfather’s dream of striking it rich in one of the harshest terrains on the planet,” said T Group president Jenny Daly, who executive produces the series with Henry Island’s Brian Neal and Debbie Shepard.
Animal Planet Orders ‘Alaska Gold Diggers’
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
'Fresh Off The Boat' Inches Up As Fox Comedies & 'The Muppets' Drop; The CW Fall Kickoff OK With 'The Flash', 'iZombie'
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’: Lady Gaga Has Invite For Season 6
- ABC Developing ‘The Homefront’ Family Comedy From Todd Holland
- ‘Sherlock’ Victorian Special Trailer: What A Difference A Century-Plus Makes – Or Does It?
- Jimmy Fallon Books John Boehner For ‘Tonight Show’ As Pol Guests Suddenly Sexy
- ‘Red Oaks’ Review: Amazon’s 1985-Set Coming-Of-Age Comedy Is A Grand Slam
- Kevin Corcoran Dies: ‘Old Yeller’ Actor And TV Producer Was 66