Garrett Hedlund has joined lead Jack O’Connell in Unbroken, the true story of Olympian-turned-POW Louis Zamperini that Angelina Jolie is directing for Universal. The Inside Llewyn Davis actor will play Fitzgerald in the film based on based on the best-selling Laura Hillenbrand novel. His character is the head of the camp where O’Connell’s Zamperini is being held. Unbroken begins shooting in Australia in next month and Universal has set a Christmas Day 2014 release date. Joel and Ethan Coen have rewritten the screenplay from earlier drafts by William Nicholson and Richard LaGravenese. Variety first reported the casting. Hedlund is represented by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Angelina Jolie’s ‘Unbroken’ Adds Garrett Hedlund
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown' Ratings: CNN Season Premiere Down With 538,000 Viewers
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'