Garrett Hedlund has joined lead Jack O’Connell in Unbroken, the true story of Olympian-turned-POW Louis Zamperini that Angelina Jolie is directing for Universal. The Inside Llewyn Davis actor will play Fitzgerald in the film based on based on the best-selling Laura Hillenbrand novel. His character is the head of the camp where O’Connell’s Zamperini is being held. Unbroken begins shooting in Australia in next month and Universal has set a Christmas Day 2014 release date. Joel and Ethan Coen have rewritten the screenplay from earlier drafts by William Nicholson and Richard LaGravenese. Variety first reported the casting. Hedlund is represented by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Angelina Jolie’s ‘Unbroken’ Adds Garrett Hedlund
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…