EXCLUSIVE: Amber Tamblyn will star opposite Bob Odenkirk in Magic Stone Productions and Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment’s Girlfriend’s Day. Odenkirk also penned the indie comedy-drama. Best Worst Movie‘s Michael Stephenson directs the pic about Ray (Odenkirk), a has-been greeting card writer who becomes entangled in a web of murder and deceit as writers scramble to create the perfect card for a new holiday dubbed Girlfriend’s Day. Tamblyn will play a “Cardie” – a fan of greeting card writers – who becomes involved with Ray and helps him recapture his former glory. Filming is scheduled to begin in 2014 in LA. TV and film vet Tamblyn most recently appeared briefly in 127 Hours and Django Unchained and is set to join the 11th season of CBS’s Two and a Half Men in September. Meanwhile Odenkirk appears in Alexander Payne’s Nov. 15 awards pic Nebraska and will front AMC‘s just-announced Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul. Tamblyn is repped by UTA, Hyler Management and Sloane, Offer, Weber, Dern, LLP.
Amber Tamblyn To Join Bob Odenkirk In ‘Girlfriend’s Day’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Everly' Producers Eye Black List Action-Thriller 'Dig'
- Taye Diggs Joins Topher Grace Musical Comedy 'One Shot'
- Tate Donovan Joins Elle Fanning Transgender Drama 'Three Generations'
- Morris Chestnut Inks 3-Picture Deal With Screen Gems; Set For Thriller Opposite Regina Hall
- Peter Berg, Universal Team On 'Hunt For El Chapo'
- Disney Animation's Andrew Millstein, Pixar's Jim Morris Upped To President