EXCLUSIVE: Amber Tamblyn will star opposite Bob Odenkirk in Magic Stone Productions and Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment’s Girlfriend’s Day. Odenkirk also penned the indie comedy-drama. Best Worst Movie‘s Michael Stephenson directs the pic about Ray (Odenkirk), a has-been greeting card writer who becomes entangled in a web of murder and deceit as writers scramble to create the perfect card for a new holiday dubbed Girlfriend’s Day. Tamblyn will play a “Cardie” – a fan of greeting card writers – who becomes involved with Ray and helps him recapture his former glory. Filming is scheduled to begin in 2014 in LA. TV and film vet Tamblyn most recently appeared briefly in 127 Hours and Django Unchained and is set to join the 11th season of CBS’s Two and a Half Men in September. Meanwhile Odenkirk appears in Alexander Payne’s Nov. 15 awards pic Nebraska and will front AMC‘s just-announced Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul. Tamblyn is repped by UTA, Hyler Management and Sloane, Offer, Weber, Dern, LLP.
Amber Tamblyn To Join Bob Odenkirk In ‘Girlfriend’s Day’
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City's Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
Latest Film News
- Pinewood Studios In $425 Million Takeover Deal With U.S. Property Fund Venus Grafton
- Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz…
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’