EXCLUSIVE: Amber Tamblyn will star opposite Bob Odenkirk in Magic Stone Productions and Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment’s Girlfriend’s Day. Odenkirk also penned the indie comedy-drama. Best Worst Movie‘s Michael Stephenson directs the pic about Ray (Odenkirk), a has-been greeting card writer who becomes entangled in a web of murder and deceit as writers scramble to create the perfect card for a new holiday dubbed Girlfriend’s Day. Tamblyn will play a “Cardie” – a fan of greeting card writers – who becomes involved with Ray and helps him recapture his former glory. Filming is scheduled to begin in 2014 in LA. TV and film vet Tamblyn most recently appeared briefly in 127 Hours and Django Unchained and is set to join the 11th season of CBS’s Two and a Half Men in September. Meanwhile Odenkirk appears in Alexander Payne’s Nov. 15 awards pic Nebraska and will front AMC‘s just-announced Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul. Tamblyn is repped by UTA, Hyler Management and Sloane, Offer, Weber, Dern, LLP.
Amber Tamblyn To Join Bob Odenkirk In ‘Girlfriend’s Day’
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- ‘Ready Player One’ Young Co-Star Philip Zhou Signs With Abrams Artists Agency
- Tribeca Winner ‘Here Alone’ To Get Early 2017 Release Via Vertical Entertainment
- Sony Pictures Division Hit By Losses In Quarterly Earnings
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Nabs $4.3M, ‘Bad Moms’ Purse $2M – Thursday Box Office Previews
- ‘Nerve’ Box Office Takes $2.3M Thursday To Cull $6M In Three Days
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love