EXCLUSIVE: Amber Tamblyn will star opposite Bob Odenkirk in Magic Stone Productions and Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment’s Girlfriend’s Day. Odenkirk also penned the indie comedy-drama. Best Worst Movie‘s Michael Stephenson directs the pic about Ray (Odenkirk), a has-been greeting card writer who becomes entangled in a web of murder and deceit as writers scramble to create the perfect card for a new holiday dubbed Girlfriend’s Day. Tamblyn will play a “Cardie” – a fan of greeting card writers – who becomes involved with Ray and helps him recapture his former glory. Filming is scheduled to begin in 2014 in LA. TV and film vet Tamblyn most recently appeared briefly in 127 Hours and Django Unchained and is set to join the 11th season of CBS’s Two and a Half Men in September. Meanwhile Odenkirk appears in Alexander Payne’s Nov. 15 awards pic Nebraska and will front AMC‘s just-announced Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul. Tamblyn is repped by UTA, Hyler Management and Sloane, Offer, Weber, Dern, LLP.
Amber Tamblyn To Join Bob Odenkirk In ‘Girlfriend’s Day’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- Oscars: France Enters Robin Campillo’s ‘BPM’ In Foreign Language Race
- CAA Signs TIFF Rising Star Jessie Buckley; Primary Wave Signs ‘Human Traces’ Vinnie Bennett
- David Tennant & Elisabeth Moss’ ‘Mad To Be Normal’ Headed To Samuel Goldwyn Films
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans
- ‘Just Getting Started’ Trailer: Morgan Freeman & Tommy Lee Jones Are Rivals-Turned-Partners