EXCLUSIVE: Amber Tamblyn will star opposite Bob Odenkirk in Magic Stone Productions and Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment’s Girlfriend’s Day. Odenkirk also penned the indie comedy-drama. Best Worst Movie‘s Michael Stephenson directs the pic about Ray (Odenkirk), a has-been greeting card writer who becomes entangled in a web of murder and deceit as writers scramble to create the perfect card for a new holiday dubbed Girlfriend’s Day. Tamblyn will play a “Cardie” – a fan of greeting card writers – who becomes involved with Ray and helps him recapture his former glory. Filming is scheduled to begin in 2014 in LA. TV and film vet Tamblyn most recently appeared briefly in 127 Hours and Django Unchained and is set to join the 11th season of CBS’s Two and a Half Men in September. Meanwhile Odenkirk appears in Alexander Payne’s Nov. 15 awards pic Nebraska and will front AMC‘s just-announced Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul. Tamblyn is repped by UTA, Hyler Management and Sloane, Offer, Weber, Dern, LLP.
Amber Tamblyn To Join Bob Odenkirk In ‘Girlfriend’s Day’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'