Alcon Television Group, the television division of Alcon Entertainment, has acquired rights to the New York Times bestselling series The Expanse. Written by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck under the pen name James S.A. Corey, Expanse centers on a high-stakes conspiracy and cover-up of humanity’s first discovery of alien life. Alcon Television President Sharon Hall will executive produce. Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (Iron Man, Children Of Men) developed the pitch and will write the pilot for the hourlong drama. They also will executive produce. Sean Daniel (Graceland, The Mummy) and Jason Brown of the Sean Daniel Company developed the original pitch with Fergus and Ostby and also will executive produce. Alcon will develop the script with Fergus and Ostby internally prior to shopping to networks. Fergus and Ostby are repped by CAA and Mark Gochman.
Alcon TV Group Acquires ‘The Expanse’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign