EXCLUSIVE: Already booked to reprise in the Finding Nemo sequel, Albert Brooks has just signed on to the voice cast of The Little Prince. He joins James Franco, Rachel McAdams, Jeff Bridges, Benicio Del Toro and Paul Giamatti in Paramount’s animated pic. Brooks will play one of the film’s villains. Brooks, who played the heavy in Drive and most recently starred in This Is 40, has been driving Twitter traffic with a feed that made national news. He mostly uses Twitter to make humorous observations — like the recent one about the record-setting swim from Florida to Cuba: “Diana Nyad is going to be so pissed when she finds out there was a flight”– but Brooks got serious and prescient with a suggestion that the U.S. and Russia join hands to go over and take the chemical weapons out of Syria, among other things. It became the very thing those nations began discussing, and Brooks got ink on Capitol Hill for it. Brooks is repped by WME and managed by Herb Nanas.
Albert Brooks Lends Voice To ‘The Little Prince’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'