EXCLUSIVE: Branching out from indie movies, the American Film Market is getting into the book business. The annual festival has signed a four-year deal with Focal Press to team on American Film Market Presents, a series of books on the business of film production and distribution. Among the topics will be financing, pitching, law, and marketing. The first book, due October 3, is American Film Market Presents: The Business Of Media Distribution, Second Edition, by Jeff Ulin, who headed sales at Lucasfilm for years. “Our goal is to provide the independent production community with resources and information that helps films get made,” AFM managing director Jonathan Wolf said in a statement today. This year’s AFM runs November 6-13.
AFM Inks Deal For Book Series On Production & Distribution
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit