EXCLUSIVE: Branching out from indie movies, the American Film Market is getting into the book business. The annual festival has signed a four-year deal with Focal Press to team on American Film Market Presents, a series of books on the business of film production and distribution. Among the topics will be financing, pitching, law, and marketing. The first book, due October 3, is American Film Market Presents: The Business Of Media Distribution, Second Edition, by Jeff Ulin, who headed sales at Lucasfilm for years. “Our goal is to provide the independent production community with resources and information that helps films get made,” AFM managing director Jonathan Wolf said in a statement today. This year’s AFM runs November 6-13.
AFM Inks Deal For Book Series On Production & Distribution
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’