ABC‘s The Taste has cooked up a new celebrity judge to replace Brian Malarkey, whose contract was not renewed in June. NY-based chef, restaurateur and author Marcus Samuelsson will join Anthony Bourdain, Nigella Lawson, and Ludo Lefebvre for Season 2 of the two-hour cooking competition show which is heading into production. A total of 16 competitors vie each episode as their creations are served blind to the foursome of judges who also serve as mentors. Samuelsson’s restaurant biz resume includes Red Rooster Harlem, Ginny’s Supper Club, American Table Cafe and Bar by Marcus Samuelsson, and Uptown Brasserie. His book Yes, Chef is a NYT bestseller and his awards from the James Beard Foundation include Rising Star Chef (1999), Best Chef: New York City (2003), Best International Cookbook (2007), and Best Television Program (Chopped, 2012).
ABC’s ‘The Taste’ Adds Marcus Samuelsson As Season 2 Mentor
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel' To Discuss Link Between NFL Head Injuries, Domestic Violence: Video
- Ellen DeGeneres Clocks Biggest Opening Week Yet For Her Daytime Talk Show
- J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society's Visionary Award
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz