ABC‘s The Taste has cooked up a new celebrity judge to replace Brian Malarkey, whose contract was not renewed in June. NY-based chef, restaurateur and author Marcus Samuelsson will join Anthony Bourdain, Nigella Lawson, and Ludo Lefebvre for Season 2 of the two-hour cooking competition show which is heading into production. A total of 16 competitors vie each episode as their creations are served blind to the foursome of judges who also serve as mentors. Samuelsson’s restaurant biz resume includes Red Rooster Harlem, Ginny’s Supper Club, American Table Cafe and Bar by Marcus Samuelsson, and Uptown Brasserie. His book Yes, Chef is a NYT bestseller and his awards from the James Beard Foundation include Rising Star Chef (1999), Best Chef: New York City (2003), Best International Cookbook (2007), and Best Television Program (Chopped, 2012).
ABC’s ‘The Taste’ Adds Marcus Samuelsson As Season 2 Mentor
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton: Deadline Live Blogs The Debate
- ‘Supergirl’ Season 2 Trailer: National City Welcomes The Man Of Steel
- ‘Modern Family’ Casts Transgender Child Actor