ABC‘s The Taste has cooked up a new celebrity judge to replace Brian Malarkey, whose contract was not renewed in June. NY-based chef, restaurateur and author Marcus Samuelsson will join Anthony Bourdain, Nigella Lawson, and Ludo Lefebvre for Season 2 of the two-hour cooking competition show which is heading into production. A total of 16 competitors vie each episode as their creations are served blind to the foursome of judges who also serve as mentors. Samuelsson’s restaurant biz resume includes Red Rooster Harlem, Ginny’s Supper Club, American Table Cafe and Bar by Marcus Samuelsson, and Uptown Brasserie. His book Yes, Chef is a NYT bestseller and his awards from the James Beard Foundation include Rising Star Chef (1999), Best Chef: New York City (2003), Best International Cookbook (2007), and Best Television Program (Chopped, 2012).
ABC’s ‘The Taste’ Adds Marcus Samuelsson As Season 2 Mentor
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Discovery Studios Signs Exec Producer Rob Kerr
- National Geographic Channel Orders Series On Alaskan Log-Rafting From Gurney Productions
- 'Exodus: Gods And Kings' Trailer: Christian Bale & Ridley Scott Take On 'Ten Commandments'
- Ben Affleck On 'Daily Show': Jon Stewart “Spoils” 'Gone Girl' & 'Batman Vs. Superman' (Video)
- 'Angry Birds' Movie: Jason Sudeikis, Bill Hader, Josh Gad & More Flock To Voice Cast
- GLAAD TV Report: ABC Family, HBO, MTV “Excellent”; A&E, History, TNT Fail