ABC says it’s going to rerun the pilot episode of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at 8 p.m. Thursday, instead of the scheduled Shark Tank repeat — a no-brainer. S.H.I.E.L.D. premiered as TV’s highest-rated new drama in nearly four years in the demo. Last night’s unveiling drew 11.9 million live viewers and a 4.6 rating in adults 18-49. The rest of ABC’s all-new Tuesday lineup did not keep up the pace. The Goldbergs opened with a 3.2/9 immediately following S.H.I.E.L.D. The premiere of Trophy Wife slipped to 2.3/6, while new drama Lucky 7 (1.3/4) suffered the lowest-rated fall drama premiere in ABC history. Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel’s first television series, was co-created by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen (Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog), who also serve as executive producers along with Jeph Loeb (Smallville, Lost, Heroes) and Jeffrey Bell (Angel, Alias). It’s produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television.
ABC Will Repeat ‘Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ On Thursday
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Napa Valley Film Fest Says “The Show Must Go On” Despite Quakes, Sets Lineup
- Keith OIbermann's ESPN2 Program Moving; He'll Anchor Some 'SportsCenter' Shows (Video)
- Hot Trailer: 'The Pyramid'
- Lionsgate Nabs Schwarzenegger Starrer 'Maggie'; Oscilloscope Rocks With 'Jingle Bell' Docu
- Kathryn Prescott Joins CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- Hot TV Teaser: 'The Affair'