EXCLUSIVE: What if Americans had no Independence Day to celebrate? A drama project in development at ABC answers that question by building an alternative reality where the 13 colonies lost the 1775-83 Revolutionary War. Titled The Thirteen, the contemporary drama takes place in a world in which the colonies lost their bid for independence, and America is still fighting the British for freedom. The provocative project hails from Lionsgate TV and former Lionsgate Films head of production-turned–producer Allison Shearmur, who has a deal at the studio. It is being written by feature scribes Jim Agnew & Sean Keller, who penned the upcoming Nicolas Cage starrer Tokarev. This marks Shearmur’s second TV sale though Lionsgate this week — she also is producing an American Psycho sequel series which is in development at FX. Another drama series, NBC’s Revolution, also explores a world where the U.S. does not exist, broken up by a massive power shutdown. Agnew and Keller are with Paradigm and Industry Entertainment.
ABC Present-Day Drama Project Set In America That Lost Revolutionary War
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- Samira Wiley Joins Hulu’s ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’
- ‘I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead’: Netflix Spins Trailer & Date For Docu On DJ Steve Aoki
- Ron Howard Docuseries ‘Breakthrough’ Renewed For Season 2 By Nat Geo Channel
- Alicia Silverstone To Star In ‘American Woman’ TV Land Pilot Inspired By Kyle Richards
- 20th TV Ups Ken Lawson To SVP & General Sales Manager For Broadcast Syndie Sales
- ‘American Crime’: Timothy Hutton Set To Return For Season 3