EXCLUSIVE: What if Americans had no Independence Day to celebrate? A drama project in development at ABC answers that question by building an alternative reality where the 13 colonies lost the 1775-83 Revolutionary War. Titled The Thirteen, the contemporary drama takes place in a world in which the colonies lost their bid for independence, and America is still fighting the British for freedom. The provocative project hails from Lionsgate TV and former Lionsgate Films head of production-turned-producer Allison Shearmur, who has a deal at the studio. It is being written by feature scribes Jim Agnew & Sean Keller, who penned the upcoming Nicolas Cage starrer Tokarev. This marks Shearmur’s second TV sale though Lionsgate this week — she also is producing an American Psycho sequel series which is in development at FX. Another drama series, NBC’s Revolution, also explores a world where the U.S. does not exist, broken up by a massive power shutdown. Agnew and Keller are with Paradigm and Industry Entertainment.
ABC Present-Day Drama Project Set In America That Lost Revolutionary War
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate