No Way Back, a drama series project based on the 2013 mystery/thriller novel by best-selling author Andrew Gross, has landed at ABC with a put pilot commitment. 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine TV are producing the project, written by Jessica Sharzer, currently co-executive producer on FX/20th TV’s American Horror Story. Sharzer and Imagine TV’s Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo executive produce. No Way Back centers on two women who join forces and embark on a dangerous odyssey to find the truth and save their lives. One is a suburban mother and ex-cop, whose chance meeting with a stranger in a hotel ends when the man is murdered and she’s the only witness. The other is a young woman from Mexico who has a deadly secret that has driven her into hiding until she can prove her innocence. It’s a desperate hunt that leads them into a nefarious web of treachery, lies and corruption involving drug lords, arm dealers and shadowy figures in the highest echelons of government. Imagine has two off-cycle presentations at Fox, an animated comedy with 50 Cent loosely based on the rapper’s childhood and hybrid scripted/unscripted project WTF America.
ABC Nabs Imagine Drama Based On Andrew Gross Novel ‘No Way Back’ As Put Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ To Continue Airing Live Coast To Coast
- ‘The Deuce’ Renewed For Season 2 At HBO
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble
- ‘Shark Tank’s Daymond John Inks With Gersh