No Way Back, a drama series project based on the 2013 mystery/thriller novel by best-selling author Andrew Gross, has landed at ABC with a put pilot commitment. 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine TV are producing the project, written by Jessica Sharzer, currently co-executive producer on FX/20th TV’s American Horror Story. Sharzer and Imagine TV’s Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo executive produce. No Way Back centers on two women who join forces and embark on a dangerous odyssey to find the truth and save their lives. One is a suburban mother and ex-cop, whose chance meeting with a stranger in a hotel ends when the man is murdered and she’s the only witness. The other is a young woman from Mexico who has a deadly secret that has driven her into hiding until she can prove her innocence. It’s a desperate hunt that leads them into a nefarious web of treachery, lies and corruption involving drug lords, arm dealers and shadowy figures in the highest echelons of government. Imagine has two off-cycle presentations at Fox, an animated comedy with 50 Cent loosely based on the rapper’s childhood and hybrid scripted/unscripted project WTF America.
ABC Nabs Imagine Drama Based On Andrew Gross Novel ‘No Way Back’ As Put Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup