No Way Back, a drama series project based on the 2013 mystery/thriller novel by best-selling author Andrew Gross, has landed at ABC with a put pilot commitment. 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine TV are producing the project, written by Jessica Sharzer, currently co-executive producer on FX/20th TV’s American Horror Story. Sharzer and Imagine TV’s Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo executive produce. No Way Back centers on two women who join forces and embark on a dangerous odyssey to find the truth and save their lives. One is a suburban mother and ex-cop, whose chance meeting with a stranger in a hotel ends when the man is murdered and she’s the only witness. The other is a young woman from Mexico who has a deadly secret that has driven her into hiding until she can prove her innocence. It’s a desperate hunt that leads them into a nefarious web of treachery, lies and corruption involving drug lords, arm dealers and shadowy figures in the highest echelons of government. Imagine has two off-cycle presentations at Fox, an animated comedy with 50 Cent loosely based on the rapper’s childhood and hybrid scripted/unscripted project WTF America.
ABC Nabs Imagine Drama Based On Andrew Gross Novel ‘No Way Back’ As Put Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…