EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, ABC has landed a single-camera comedy from The New Normal co-creator/executive producer Ali Adler, which will be produced by ABC Studios and Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s studio-based Fake Empire. Written by Adler, the untitled comedy is about the dirty little secret of those days and nights when your ex has the kids. You get to drink too much and binge-watch Breaking Bad without checking homework or giving baths — it’s about the silver lining of divorce. Adler is executive producing with Fake Empire’s Schwartz, Savage and Len Goldstein. The untitled Ali Adler project is the second half-hour sale for Fake Empire, which has made an entry into a comedy a priority. Additionally, the company, in its first year of a rich overall deal at ABC Studios, has a drama with writer Joshua Safran at ABC. WME-repped Adler is continuing her relationship with Ryan Murphy after working as a co-executive producer on his Fox dramedy Glee and co-creating and executive producing the NBC comedy The New Normal with him. She is currently serving as a consulting producer on Murphy’s HBO pilot Open.
ABC Nabs Divorce Comedy From Ali Adler And Fake Empire
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot