EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, ABC has landed a single-camera comedy from The New Normal co-creator/executive producer Ali Adler, which will be produced by ABC Studios and Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s studio-based Fake Empire. Written by Adler, the untitled comedy is about the dirty little secret of those days and nights when your ex has the kids. You get to drink too much and binge-watch Breaking Bad without checking homework or giving baths — it’s about the silver lining of divorce. Adler is executive producing with Fake Empire’s Schwartz, Savage and Len Goldstein. The untitled Ali Adler project is the second half-hour sale for Fake Empire, which has made an entry into a comedy a priority. Additionally, the company, in its first year of a rich overall deal at ABC Studios, has a drama with writer Joshua Safran at ABC. WME-repped Adler is continuing her relationship with Ryan Murphy after working as a co-executive producer on his Fox dramedy Glee and co-creating and executive producing the NBC comedy The New Normal with him. She is currently serving as a consulting producer on Murphy’s HBO pilot Open.
ABC Nabs Divorce Comedy From Ali Adler And Fake Empire
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?
- ‘24: Legacy’ Adds Raphael Acloque & Themo Melikidze
- ‘Serial’ Suspect Adnan Syed Requests Release While Awaiting New Trial
- Fox Buys Legal Dramedy From Carter Covington, Robin Schiff & Jason Winer
- Lady Gaga ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Hits ‘Late Late Show With James Corden’ This Week
- CBS Buys Spy Drama ‘Sentinels’ From Trio Of ‘Scorpion’ Producers