EXCLUSIVE: In her first her broadcast development cycle after departing her MTV series, Awkward creator Lauren Iungerich has commanded one of the biggest comedy commitments this year. Damaged Goods, a single-camera comedy created/executive produced by Iungerich, has landed at ABC with a pilot production commitment that has a series penalty behind it. Warner Bros TV is producing via a script deal the studio signed with Iungerich last month. Damaged Goods is described as a comedy about the sexual politics that have changed between men and women in this post-feminist era. Iungerich, repped by WME and Robyn Meisinger at Madhouse Entertainment, spent the past several years at MTV, where she created and ran breakout comedy Awkward for the first three seasons and wrote and executive produced the half-hour comedy pilot Hot Mess. She exited both projects earlier this year.
ABC Nabs Comedy From ‘Awkward’ Creator Lauren Iungerich With Pilot Production Commitment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'