EXCLUSIVE: In her first her broadcast development cycle after departing her MTV series, Awkward creator Lauren Iungerich has commanded one of the biggest comedy commitments this year. Damaged Goods, a single-camera comedy created/executive produced by Iungerich, has landed at ABC with a pilot production commitment that has a series penalty behind it. Warner Bros TV is producing via a script deal the studio signed with Iungerich last month. Damaged Goods is described as a comedy about the sexual politics that have changed between men and women in this post-feminist era. Iungerich, repped by WME and Robyn Meisinger at Madhouse Entertainment, spent the past several years at MTV, where she created and ran breakout comedy Awkward for the first three seasons and wrote and executive produced the half-hour comedy pilot Hot Mess. She exited both projects earlier this year.
ABC Nabs Comedy From ‘Awkward’ Creator Lauren Iungerich With Pilot Production Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…