EXCLUSIVE: In her first her broadcast development cycle after departing her MTV series, Awkward creator Lauren Iungerich has commanded one of the biggest comedy commitments this year. Damaged Goods, a single-camera comedy created/executive produced by Iungerich, has landed at ABC with a pilot production commitment that has a series penalty behind it. Warner Bros TV is producing via a script deal the studio signed with Iungerich last month. Damaged Goods is described as a comedy about the sexual politics that have changed between men and women in this post-feminist era. Iungerich, repped by WME and Robyn Meisinger at Madhouse Entertainment, spent the past several years at MTV, where she created and ran breakout comedy Awkward for the first three seasons and wrote and executive produced the half-hour comedy pilot Hot Mess. She exited both projects earlier this year.
ABC Nabs Comedy From ‘Awkward’ Creator Lauren Iungerich With Pilot Production Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres