EXCLUSIVE: In her first her broadcast development cycle after departing her MTV series, Awkward creator Lauren Iungerich has commanded one of the biggest comedy commitments this year. Damaged Goods, a single-camera comedy created/executive produced by Iungerich, has landed at ABC with a pilot production commitment that has a series penalty behind it. Warner Bros TV is producing via a script deal the studio signed with Iungerich last month. Damaged Goods is described as a comedy about the sexual politics that have changed between men and women in this post-feminist era. Iungerich, repped by WME and Robyn Meisinger at Madhouse Entertainment, spent the past several years at MTV, where she created and ran breakout comedy Awkward for the first three seasons and wrote and executive produced the half-hour comedy pilot Hot Mess. She exited both projects earlier this year.
ABC Nabs Comedy From ‘Awkward’ Creator Lauren Iungerich With Pilot Production Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…