EXCLUSIVE: ABC has put in development Bagel Nation, a half-hour single-camera comedy from Warner Bros. TV and Jerry Bruckheimer’s studio-based Jerry Bruckheimer Television. Written by Sheri Elwood, creator of the popular Canadian comedy series Call Me Fitz starring Jason Priestley, the project is inspired by her real-life childhood. It is about a Lebanese father who moves his family to the city to live above the Jewish deli he bought and which the family now owns/runs (even though they aren’t Jewish). Elwood is executive producing with Bruckheimer and Jonathan Littman, while KristieAnne Reed is co-executive producing. While drama continues to be Bruckheimer TV’s forte (the company has high-profile new CBS series Hostages), the company also has been focused on expanding into comedy, selling 1-2 half-hour projects every season for the past couple of years. Bagel Nation joins JBT’s drama Home, written by Aron Eli Coleite, which has received a put pilot commitment at Fox. Elwood is with CAA and Madhouse; JBT is with CAA.
ABC Buys Single-Camera Family Comedy From Jerry Bruckheimer TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series