June Diane Raphael, Casey Wilson and Jonathan Groff have sold half-hour pilot pitch DINKS (Double Income, No Kids) to ABC through ABC Studios with a pilot production commitment. The project, which stems from the premium blind script deal Raphael and Wilson inked with ABC Studios last month, centers on a thirty-something couple (double-income, no kids) that straddles the line between life with kids and single life without them. Happy Endings showrunner Groff will executive produce through his overall deal at ABC Studios, reuniting with series co-star Wilson. Raphael, repped by UTA, Silver Lining and attorney PJ Shapiro, is attached to star as part of the holding deal she signed with ABC Studios in conjunction with the script pact. She currently stars on the Adult Swim series NTSF. Wilson is repped by UTA, Odenkirk Provissiero and Shapiros. The duo wrote and starred in the film Ass Backwards which premiered at last year’s Sundance festival and is set for a Nov. 8 release. Groff, who previously worked on Scrubs and How I Met Your Mother, is with Tim Sarkes and Jared Levine.
ABC Buys Comedy From June Diane Raphael, Casey Wilson & Jonathan Groff With Pilot Production Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh
- CBS Developing ‘Under Suspicion’ Book Series Adaptation From John Glenn