June Diane Raphael, Casey Wilson and Jonathan Groff have sold half-hour pilot pitch DINKS (Double Income, No Kids) to ABC through ABC Studios with a pilot production commitment. The project, which stems from the premium blind script deal Raphael and Wilson inked with ABC Studios last month, centers on a thirty-something couple (double-income, no kids) that straddles the line between life with kids and single life without them. Happy Endings showrunner Groff will executive produce through his overall deal at ABC Studios, reuniting with series co-star Wilson. Raphael, repped by UTA, Silver Lining and attorney PJ Shapiro, is attached to star as part of the holding deal she signed with ABC Studios in conjunction with the script pact. She currently stars on the Adult Swim series NTSF. Wilson is repped by UTA, Odenkirk Provissiero and Shapiros. The duo wrote and starred in the film Ass Backwards which premiered at last year’s Sundance festival and is set for a Nov. 8 release. Groff, who previously worked on Scrubs and How I Met Your Mother, is with Tim Sarkes and Jared Levine.
ABC Buys Comedy From June Diane Raphael, Casey Wilson & Jonathan Groff With Pilot Production Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Simon Cowell Makes U.S. TV Return As A Kinder, Gentler ‘America’s Got Talent’ Judge
- ‘Outcast’ Review: Robert Kirkman’s Cinemax Series Not For The Squeamish
- Verne Lundquist Leaving ‘SEC On CBS’ Booth After 2016; Brad Nessler Subbing In
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Out; Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?