Beverly Kills, a drama from Don Todd (Samantha Who?) and Jason Winer, has landed at ABC with significant penalty. The project, from 20th TV and Winer’s studio-based Small Dog Picture Co., is based on an original idea by Winer. Written by Todd, it centers on a wife and mom who retires from her job – as a highly skilled hit-woman for the mob – and settles into domesticity. But try as she might to live the life of a normal housewife, she soon spots crime, corruption, and evil-doing beneath the quiet, green surface of Beverly Hills, and decides to clean it up and keep her family safe in the only way she knows how. The premise is reminiscent of another ABC/20th drama project, the 2010 pilot Cutthroat, which starred Mia Maestro as a Beverly Hills housewife also living a double life, laundering money for the syndicate on the side. Todd and Winer are executive producing Beverly Kills with Small Dog’s Renate Radford. This marks Small Dog’s third sale this season. The company also has comedies Man/Child at Fox and The Runt at CBS, both with pilot production commitments.
ABC Buys Drama From Don Todd & Jason Winer With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
Latest TV News
- Megyn Kelly Tells Stephen Colbert She Wants To Start Next GOP Debate With “Apology Accepted”
- Will Ferrell Brings Exotic Animals To Stephen Colbert’s Post-Super Bowl ‘Late Show’
- President Obama, Scott Kelly, Chewbacca Help Stephen Colbert Open First Live ‘Late Show’ Post-Super Bowl
- Peter Farrelly Directs CBS All Access Super Bowl Promo
- Jazzed Coldplay, Bruno Mars & Beyonce Harmonize At Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show – Review
- ‘The Good Wife’ To End This Spring After Seven Seasons