Beverly Kills, a drama from Don Todd (Samantha Who?) and Jason Winer, has landed at ABC with significant penalty. The project, from 20th TV and Winer’s studio-based Small Dog Picture Co., is based on an original idea by Winer. Written by Todd, it centers on a wife and mom who retires from her job – as a highly skilled hit-woman for the mob – and settles into domesticity. But try as she might to live the life of a normal housewife, she soon spots crime, corruption, and evil-doing beneath the quiet, green surface of Beverly Hills, and decides to clean it up and keep her family safe in the only way she knows how. The premise is reminiscent of another ABC/20th drama project, the 2010 pilot Cutthroat, which starred Mia Maestro as a Beverly Hills housewife also living a double life, laundering money for the syndicate on the side. Todd and Winer are executive producing Beverly Kills with Small Dog’s Renate Radford. This marks Small Dog’s third sale this season. The company also has comedies Man/Child at Fox and The Runt at CBS, both with pilot production commitments.
ABC Buys Drama From Don Todd & Jason Winer With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast