EXCLUSIVE: Aussie-born Aaron Wilson just popped his feature debut Canopy in the Discovery sidebar at the Toronto Film Festival and now has been inked by Paradigm. The agency’s Scott Henderson, Nick LoPiccolo and Ken Stovitz will handle him. Set during the Japanese invasion of Singapore in World War II, Canopy follows an Australian fighter pilot who is shot down in combat and is forced to navigate through enemy territory in search of sanctuary. That pic was financed outside the usual avenues, complete with a crowdfunding campaign to finish the film. Wilson already is in post on his second feature — a companion to Canopy shot back-to-back that follows how the pilot readjusts to society 30 years later. Wilson, who had done short films before this and helms commercials, also has signed with RGM for representation in Australia and with Echo Lake for management.
Paradigm Inks Toronto Helmer Aaron Wilson
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency