EXCLUSIVE: Aussie-born Aaron Wilson just popped his feature debut Canopy in the Discovery sidebar at the Toronto Film Festival and now has been inked by Paradigm. The agency’s Scott Henderson, Nick LoPiccolo and Ken Stovitz will handle him. Set during the Japanese invasion of Singapore in World War II, Canopy follows an Australian fighter pilot who is shot down in combat and is forced to navigate through enemy territory in search of sanctuary. That pic was financed outside the usual avenues, complete with a crowdfunding campaign to finish the film. Wilson already is in post on his second feature — a companion to Canopy shot back-to-back that follows how the pilot readjusts to society 30 years later. Wilson, who had done short films before this and helms commercials, also has signed with RGM for representation in Australia and with Echo Lake for management.
Paradigm Inks Toronto Helmer Aaron Wilson
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'