EXCLUSIVE: Aussie-born Aaron Wilson just popped his feature debut Canopy in the Discovery sidebar at the Toronto Film Festival and now has been inked by Paradigm. The agency’s Scott Henderson, Nick LoPiccolo and Ken Stovitz will handle him. Set during the Japanese invasion of Singapore in World War II, Canopy follows an Australian fighter pilot who is shot down in combat and is forced to navigate through enemy territory in search of sanctuary. That pic was financed outside the usual avenues, complete with a crowdfunding campaign to finish the film. Wilson already is in post on his second feature — a companion to Canopy shot back-to-back that follows how the pilot readjusts to society 30 years later. Wilson, who had done short films before this and helms commercials, also has signed with RGM for representation in Australia and with Echo Lake for management.
Paradigm Inks Toronto Helmer Aaron Wilson
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- James Caan, Kevin Dillon, Sam Huntington Top Crackle Feature 'The Throwaways'
- NBC News To Air First Live Broadcast Of Global Citizen Festival Featuring Jay-Z, Carrie Underwood, The Roots
- USA's 'Benched' To Premiere October 28: Video
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Charles Dance Hints That Tywin Lannister Might Be Alive
- James Franco, Seth Rogen Celebrate Jimmy Fallon's 40th In Their Birthday Suits: VIDEO
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer