EXCLUSIVE: Aussie-born Aaron Wilson just popped his feature debut Canopy in the Discovery sidebar at the Toronto Film Festival and now has been inked by Paradigm. The agency’s Scott Henderson, Nick LoPiccolo and Ken Stovitz will handle him. Set during the Japanese invasion of Singapore in World War II, Canopy follows an Australian fighter pilot who is shot down in combat and is forced to navigate through enemy territory in search of sanctuary. That pic was financed outside the usual avenues, complete with a crowdfunding campaign to finish the film. Wilson already is in post on his second feature — a companion to Canopy shot back-to-back that follows how the pilot readjusts to society 30 years later. Wilson, who had done short films before this and helms commercials, also has signed with RGM for representation in Australia and with Echo Lake for management.
Paradigm Inks Toronto Helmer Aaron Wilson
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’