EXCLUSIVE: Aussie-born Aaron Wilson just popped his feature debut Canopy in the Discovery sidebar at the Toronto Film Festival and now has been inked by Paradigm. The agency’s Scott Henderson, Nick LoPiccolo and Ken Stovitz will handle him. Set during the Japanese invasion of Singapore in World War II, Canopy follows an Australian fighter pilot who is shot down in combat and is forced to navigate through enemy territory in search of sanctuary. That pic was financed outside the usual avenues, complete with a crowdfunding campaign to finish the film. Wilson already is in post on his second feature — a companion to Canopy shot back-to-back that follows how the pilot readjusts to society 30 years later. Wilson, who had done short films before this and helms commercials, also has signed with RGM for representation in Australia and with Echo Lake for management.
Paradigm Inks Toronto Helmer Aaron Wilson
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'