The Technicolor classic will have its IMAX 3D world premiere on September 15 at Hollywood’s historic Chinese Theatre, the same movie house it first debuted in 75 years ago. The special screening will mark the reopening of the TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX, which boasts the largest number of seats in an IMAX auditorium in the world and Hollywood’s first theater equipped in the large-screen format. The Wizard Of Oz will screen in a new IMAX remastering and will then open for a special one-week run at the TCL Chinese Theatre and additional US IMAX screens on September 20. WB‘s home video release of the 5-disc The Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary Collector’s Edition will follow on October 1.
‘Wizard Of Oz’ Sets Fall IMAX 3D Debut
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa