The Technicolor classic will have its IMAX 3D world premiere on September 15 at Hollywood’s historic Chinese Theatre, the same movie house it first debuted in 75 years ago. The special screening will mark the reopening of the TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX, which boasts the largest number of seats in an IMAX auditorium in the world and Hollywood’s first theater equipped in the large-screen format. The Wizard Of Oz will screen in a new IMAX remastering and will then open for a special one-week run at the TCL Chinese Theatre and additional US IMAX screens on September 20. WB‘s home video release of the 5-disc The Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary Collector’s Edition will follow on October 1.
‘Wizard Of Oz’ Sets Fall IMAX 3D Debut
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race