The Technicolor classic will have its IMAX 3D world premiere on September 15 at Hollywood’s historic Chinese Theatre, the same movie house it first debuted in 75 years ago. The special screening will mark the reopening of the TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX, which boasts the largest number of seats in an IMAX auditorium in the world and Hollywood’s first theater equipped in the large-screen format. The Wizard Of Oz will screen in a new IMAX remastering and will then open for a special one-week run at the TCL Chinese Theatre and additional US IMAX screens on September 20. WB‘s home video release of the 5-disc The Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary Collector’s Edition will follow on October 1.
‘Wizard Of Oz’ Sets Fall IMAX 3D Debut
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Team
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks