The Technicolor classic will have its IMAX 3D world premiere on September 15 at Hollywood’s historic Chinese Theatre, the same movie house it first debuted in 75 years ago. The special screening will mark the reopening of the TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX, which boasts the largest number of seats in an IMAX auditorium in the world and Hollywood’s first theater equipped in the large-screen format. The Wizard Of Oz will screen in a new IMAX remastering and will then open for a special one-week run at the TCL Chinese Theatre and additional US IMAX screens on September 20. WB‘s home video release of the 5-disc The Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary Collector’s Edition will follow on October 1.
‘Wizard Of Oz’ Sets Fall IMAX 3D Debut
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'