WB says strong early reactions have spurred them to move Spike Jonze‘s Her, about a man (Joaquin Phoenix) in love with his Siri-like operating system (voiced by Scarlett Johansson) by a month from November 20 to December 18. The new strategy is to open the pic in limited release in NY, LA and Toronto on the 18th before going wide January 10. Her will close the the New York Film Festival in October, where WB hopes awards buzz builds. Said Domestic Distribution President Dan Fellman: “Spike Jonze has created an unconventional love story that is thought-provoking and reflective of our modern age. Based on the responses we’ve seen thus far, we have confidence that Her will be embraced by both critics and audiences and look forward to sharing it with them, beginning in the holiday season.” Her is an Annapurna Pictures production written and directed by Jonze and produced by Megan Ellison, Jonze and Vincent Landay; Daniel Lupi, Natalie Farrey and Chelsea Barnard are executive producers.
WB Moves Spike Jonze’s ‘Her’ To December For Awards Push
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa