EXCLUSIVE: Child Of God marks James Franco‘s third consecutive major fest as a director after taking Interior. Leather Bar to Sundance and As I Lay Dying to Cannes earlier this year. Scott Haze (As I Lay Dying) stars in the Cormac McCarthy adaptation about an outsider-turned-serial killer in 1960s Tennessee. Child Of God premieres this week in competition in Venice before screening as a special presentation at Toronto. Franco, Jim Parrack, and Tim Blake Nelson also star; screenplay is by Franco and Rabbit Bandini partner Vince Jolivette. Check out Deadline’s exclusive teaser:
Hot Trailer: James Franco’s ‘Child Of God’
Trending Now on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Team
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks