EXCLUSIVE: Cory Monteith‘s McCanick makes its world premiere next month at the Toronto Film Festival in the World Cinema category, where the indie drama will be courting buyers. In his final film Monteith plays Simon Weeks, a drug addicted criminal whose release from prison triggers paranoia and violence in narcotics detective Eugene “Mack” McCanick (David Morse), who has a secret from his past that only Weeks can expose. Ciaran Hinds, Mike Vogel, Rachel Nichols, Trevor Morgan, Aaron Yoo, and Tracie Thoms co-star in the pic directed by Josh C. Waller (Raze) and written by Daniel Noah. Bleiberg Entertainment is repping sales. Glee star Monteith passed away July 13 in Vancouver. McCanick and All The Wrong Reasons, Monteith’s final two non-Glee projects, are both set to debut at the Toronto festival. Watch Deadline’s exclusive trailer for McCanick:
Hot Toronto Trailer: Cory Monteith’s Final Film ‘McCanick’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…