EXCLUSIVE: Documentary filmmaker Lotfy Nathan made his debut at SXSW with 12 O’Clock Boys, a docu following the eponymous inner-city Baltimore dirt bike gang and a youngster named Pug who’s obsessed with joining their ranks. Nathan won the Hot Docs HBO Emerging Artist Award for the pic which has been described as “The Wire with wheelies” for its snapshot of a lifestyle filled with reckless stunting and high-speed antics. Nathan, Eric Blair, Taylor Gillespie, and John Kassab produced the film which Oscilloscope snatched up out of SXSW with a rather memorable line from director Nathan: “Oscilloscope’s great. I really hope they don’t f*&k this up.” 12 O’Clock Boys screens tomorrow in NYC at Rooftop Films and Saturday in LA at the Sundance NEXT Weekend festival. O-scope opens the pic in early 2014. Watch Deadline’s exclusive trailer:
Hot Exclusive Trailer: ‘12 O’Clock Boys’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions