EXCLUSIVE: Documentary filmmaker Lotfy Nathan made his debut at SXSW with 12 O’Clock Boys, a docu following the eponymous inner-city Baltimore dirt bike gang and a youngster named Pug who’s obsessed with joining their ranks. Nathan won the Hot Docs HBO Emerging Artist Award for the pic which has been described as “The Wire with wheelies” for its snapshot of a lifestyle filled with reckless stunting and high-speed antics. Nathan, Eric Blair, Taylor Gillespie, and John Kassab produced the film which Oscilloscope snatched up out of SXSW with a rather memorable line from director Nathan: “Oscilloscope’s great. I really hope they don’t f*&k this up.” 12 O’Clock Boys screens tomorrow in NYC at Rooftop Films and Saturday in LA at the Sundance NEXT Weekend festival. O-scope opens the pic in early 2014. Watch Deadline’s exclusive trailer:
Hot Exclusive Trailer: ‘12 O’Clock Boys’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'