EXCLUSIVE: Documentary filmmaker Lotfy Nathan made his debut at SXSW with 12 O’Clock Boys, a docu following the eponymous inner-city Baltimore dirt bike gang and a youngster named Pug who’s obsessed with joining their ranks. Nathan won the Hot Docs HBO Emerging Artist Award for the pic which has been described as “The Wire with wheelies” for its snapshot of a lifestyle filled with reckless stunting and high-speed antics. Nathan, Eric Blair, Taylor Gillespie, and John Kassab produced the film which Oscilloscope snatched up out of SXSW with a rather memorable line from director Nathan: “Oscilloscope’s great. I really hope they don’t f*&k this up.” 12 O’Clock Boys screens tomorrow in NYC at Rooftop Films and Saturday in LA at the Sundance NEXT Weekend festival. O-scope opens the pic in early 2014. Watch Deadline’s exclusive trailer:
Hot Exclusive Trailer: ‘12 O’Clock Boys’
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Donald Trump Threatens Iran, Blasts Michael Cohen Question, Plucks Dandruff Off Emmanuel Macron At Mad Photo Op
Latest Film News
- NATO’s John Fithian At CinemaCon: Theatrical ‘Remains A Strong Business In Face Of Disruption’
- ‘House 2’: “I Hope Secretary Of Defense James Mattis Sees Haditha Massacre Doc” Says Director Michael Epstein…
- Imax Inks Deals With AMC & Cineworld To Expand New Laser System – CinemaCon
- Epic Pictures Unveils ‘The Golem’ As First Original Production For Dread Central Presents
- A Subdued Lars Von Trier Talks Cannes Comeback Movie & Addiction: "I Felt Horrible During Filming"
- BAFTA Sets Film Awards Dates; ‘Nowhere’ Starts Lensing In Canada – Global Briefs