EXCLUSIVE: Documentary filmmaker Lotfy Nathan made his debut at SXSW with 12 O’Clock Boys, a docu following the eponymous inner-city Baltimore dirt bike gang and a youngster named Pug who’s obsessed with joining their ranks. Nathan won the Hot Docs HBO Emerging Artist Award for the pic which has been described as “The Wire with wheelies” for its snapshot of a lifestyle filled with reckless stunting and high-speed antics. Nathan, Eric Blair, Taylor Gillespie, and John Kassab produced the film which Oscilloscope snatched up out of SXSW with a rather memorable line from director Nathan: “Oscilloscope’s great. I really hope they don’t f*&k this up.” 12 O’Clock Boys screens tomorrow in NYC at Rooftop Films and Saturday in LA at the Sundance NEXT Weekend festival. O-scope opens the pic in early 2014. Watch Deadline’s exclusive trailer:
Hot Exclusive Trailer: ‘12 O’Clock Boys’
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Isabelle Huppert Adds Another Honor As Oscar Noms Loom
- Gerald Levin To Donald Trump On Rep. John Lewis: Have You No Sense Of Decency, Sir?
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Monday AM Update
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…