Universal Pictures has promoted Abhijay Prakash from his current position as strategic business adviser for the motion picture group to EVP of the studio’s Business Development and Strategic Planning division. The announcement was made today by Universal Pictures President Jimmy Horowitz and President and Chief Distribution Officer Peter Levinsohn, to whom Prakash reports. Prakash’s group is charged with creating the studio’s annual strategic plan, compiling and analyzing greenlight materials, managing film financing relationships, and other initiatives related to emerging industry trends, strategic transactions and organizational restructuring. In his new role, Prakash will continue to participate in the business unit budgeting and planning process as well as driving major growth initiatives, and internal business performance improvement across all markets including emerging international growth territories.
Universal Ups Abhijay Prakash To EVP Business Development & Strategic Planning
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest Film News
- Film & TV Firms To Breathe Easier: European Parliament Votes Against ‘Country Of Origin’ Proposals
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t Come…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The Contenders…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date