Universal Pictures has promoted Abhijay Prakash from his current position as strategic business adviser for the motion picture group to EVP of the studio’s Business Development and Strategic Planning division. The announcement was made today by Universal Pictures President Jimmy Horowitz and President and Chief Distribution Officer Peter Levinsohn, to whom Prakash reports. Prakash’s group is charged with creating the studio’s annual strategic plan, compiling and analyzing greenlight materials, managing film financing relationships, and other initiatives related to emerging industry trends, strategic transactions and organizational restructuring. In his new role, Prakash will continue to participate in the business unit budgeting and planning process as well as driving major growth initiatives, and internal business performance improvement across all markets including emerging international growth territories.
Universal Ups Abhijay Prakash To EVP Business Development & Strategic Planning
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'Black Panther' Still Boss At The B.O. Running Toward $600M+; 'Tomb Raider' At $22M-$24M - Midday Update
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Netflix Boards Coming-Of-Age Slasher Movie With 'Stranger Things' Outfit 21 Laps And James Wan's Atomic Monster
Latest Film News
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Could Earn Up To $423 Million In Compensation, Advisory Firm Says