Illegal downloads rose sharply during the past week in the regions affected by the Time Warner Cable’s blackout of CBS channels. The file-sharing news blog TorrentFreak says piracy of the CBS summer hit Under The Dome jumped 34% during the weekend. The site says it monitored U.S. BitTorrent downloads of Monday’s episode — which TWC customers in LA, NYC, Dallas and other areas couldn’t watch — and the previous week’s and found that more people pirated the latest episode. In New York City, the relative piracy rate for Dome more than doubled from 1.3% of all U.S. downloads last week to 3% this week. TorrentFreak noted that more sampling is needed before conclusions can be reached but added that Dome is among the most-pirated shows right now. Meanwhile, TWC and CBS resumed negotiations today.
‘Under The Dome’ Piracy Spikes In Regions Where CBS Is Blacked Out On TWC
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories