Illegal downloads rose sharply during the past week in the regions affected by the Time Warner Cable’s blackout of CBS channels. The file-sharing news blog TorrentFreak says piracy of the CBS summer hit Under The Dome jumped 34% during the weekend. The site says it monitored U.S. BitTorrent downloads of Monday’s episode — which TWC customers in LA, NYC, Dallas and other areas couldn’t watch — and the previous week’s and found that more people pirated the latest episode. In New York City, the relative piracy rate for Dome more than doubled from 1.3% of all U.S. downloads last week to 3% this week. TorrentFreak noted that more sampling is needed before conclusions can be reached but added that Dome is among the most-pirated shows right now. Meanwhile, TWC and CBS resumed negotiations today.
‘Under The Dome’ Piracy Spikes In Regions Where CBS Is Blacked Out On TWC
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'