Illegal downloads rose sharply during the past week in the regions affected by the Time Warner Cable’s blackout of CBS channels. The file-sharing news blog TorrentFreak says piracy of the CBS summer hit Under The Dome jumped 34% during the weekend. The site says it monitored U.S. BitTorrent downloads of Monday’s episode — which TWC customers in LA, NYC, Dallas and other areas couldn’t watch — and the previous week’s and found that more people pirated the latest episode. In New York City, the relative piracy rate for Dome more than doubled from 1.3% of all U.S. downloads last week to 3% this week. TorrentFreak noted that more sampling is needed before conclusions can be reached but added that Dome is among the most-pirated shows right now. Meanwhile, TWC and CBS resumed negotiations today.
‘Under The Dome’ Piracy Spikes In Regions Where CBS Is Blacked Out On TWC
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM