Illegal downloads rose sharply during the past week in the regions affected by the Time Warner Cable’s blackout of CBS channels. The file-sharing news blog TorrentFreak says piracy of the CBS summer hit Under The Dome jumped 34% during the weekend. The site says it monitored U.S. BitTorrent downloads of Monday’s episode — which TWC customers in LA, NYC, Dallas and other areas couldn’t watch — and the previous week’s and found that more people pirated the latest episode. In New York City, the relative piracy rate for Dome more than doubled from 1.3% of all U.S. downloads last week to 3% this week. TorrentFreak noted that more sampling is needed before conclusions can be reached but added that Dome is among the most-pirated shows right now. Meanwhile, TWC and CBS resumed negotiations today.
‘Under The Dome’ Piracy Spikes In Regions Where CBS Is Blacked Out On TWC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest TV News
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed