Illegal downloads rose sharply during the past week in the regions affected by the Time Warner Cable’s blackout of CBS channels. The file-sharing news blog TorrentFreak says piracy of the CBS summer hit Under The Dome jumped 34% during the weekend. The site says it monitored U.S. BitTorrent downloads of Monday’s episode — which TWC customers in LA, NYC, Dallas and other areas couldn’t watch — and the previous week’s and found that more people pirated the latest episode. In New York City, the relative piracy rate for Dome more than doubled from 1.3% of all U.S. downloads last week to 3% this week. TorrentFreak noted that more sampling is needed before conclusions can be reached but added that Dome is among the most-pirated shows right now. Meanwhile, TWC and CBS resumed negotiations today.
‘Under The Dome’ Piracy Spikes In Regions Where CBS Is Blacked Out On TWC
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- CBS Buys Corinne Kingsbury Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Sony Pictures TV Taps PMK-BNC Exec Stacy Weitz As VP Communications
- Fox News Dominates August But Down Vs. 2015; CNN No. 2 In News Demo, While MSNBC Takes Total Viewers
- Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama 'Warrior' From Justin Lin & ‘Banshee’ Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
- Deadline Advisory: TV Ratings Delayed
- Viacom To Rebrand MTV Hits As NickMusic