Georg Maas’ feature is Germany’s official submission for the 86th Academy Awards in the Best Foreign Language Film category. Two Lives is based on the true story of German Kathrine Evensen (Juliane Köhler), who leads a happy life with her family and mother (Liv Ullmann) in Norway. But with the fall of the Berlin Wall she is suddenly confronted with her secret Stasi past. The film will be released in Germany on September 19. Beta Cinema is selling worldwide rights. The Oscars are set for March 2, with nominations unveiled January 16.
‘Two Lives’ To Rep Germany In Foreign-Language Oscar Race
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV
- Disney Strikes Output Deal With Mediacom
- Former Legendary Digital Chief Launches Production Banner; Inks First-Look Deal With Legendary TV
- Open Road Sets 2015 Date For 'Rock The Kasbah'
- CBS Sets 'Madam Secretary' Encore On Its Premiere Night
- BAFTA Sets Key Dates, Timeline For 2015 Film Awards