Georg Maas’ feature is Germany’s official submission for the 86th Academy Awards in the Best Foreign Language Film category. Two Lives is based on the true story of German Kathrine Evensen (Juliane Köhler), who leads a happy life with her family and mother (Liv Ullmann) in Norway. But with the fall of the Berlin Wall she is suddenly confronted with her secret Stasi past. The film will be released in Germany on September 19. Beta Cinema is selling worldwide rights. The Oscars are set for March 2, with nominations unveiled January 16.
‘Two Lives’ To Rep Germany In Foreign-Language Oscar Race
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'