Georg Maas’ feature is Germany’s official submission for the 86th Academy Awards in the Best Foreign Language Film category. Two Lives is based on the true story of German Kathrine Evensen (Juliane Köhler), who leads a happy life with her family and mother (Liv Ullmann) in Norway. But with the fall of the Berlin Wall she is suddenly confronted with her secret Stasi past. The film will be released in Germany on September 19. Beta Cinema is selling worldwide rights. The Oscars are set for March 2, with nominations unveiled January 16.
‘Two Lives’ To Rep Germany In Foreign-Language Oscar Race
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'