Georg Maas’ feature is Germany’s official submission for the 86th Academy Awards in the Best Foreign Language Film category. Two Lives is based on the true story of German Kathrine Evensen (Juliane Köhler), who leads a happy life with her family and mother (Liv Ullmann) in Norway. But with the fall of the Berlin Wall she is suddenly confronted with her secret Stasi past. The film will be released in Germany on September 19. Beta Cinema is selling worldwide rights. The Oscars are set for March 2, with nominations unveiled January 16.
‘Two Lives’ To Rep Germany In Foreign-Language Oscar Race
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Midnight Rider': New Footage Reveals Seconds Leading To Train Impact: Video
- Miles Fisher Joins 'Man Seeking Woman'; Michael Liu In 'Sin City Saints'
- Ian Fraser, Emmy-Winning Music Director, Dead At 81
- OSCARS: 134 Pics Vie For Best Feature Documentary
- Chris Rock's 'Top Five' Gets Wide Release; 'Interstellar' Lifts Off 2 Days Early
- 'Today Show' Plugs 'Saturday Night Live' In Annual Halloween Costume Stunt