Deadlne readers have known since J.D. Salinger’s death in 2010 that Shane Salerno’s feature documentary would spill secrets about the reclusive author. And Harvey Weinstein took to asking journalists to preserve reveals as he got them to do during The Crying Game. But they strategically let the first big one out of the bag today, after 100,000 books were shipped. The New York Times reports that the docu Salinger reveals that there are plans to posthumously publish five new tomes starting in 2015, works that the Catcher In The Rye author penned from his concrete bunker after he went into seclusion and stopped releasing his works for public consumption. They include The Family Glass, expanding on characters from Franny and Zooey; The Last and Best of the Peter Pans; a manual of the Vedanta religion; a WWII-set novel inspired by Salinger’s own marriage; and a novella drawn from his time in the Army. The Weinstein Co. releases Salinger on September 6.
J.D. Salinger Documentary Bombshell: More Books To Be Posthumously Published
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Under The Silver Lake’ Trailer: Andrew Garfield Adds It Up In Neo-Noir Thriller
- Working Title Boards Satirical Novel ‘My Sister The Serial Killer’
- China Film Industry To Be Regulated By Communist Party Propaganda Department
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament