Deadlne readers have known since J.D. Salinger’s death in 2010 that Shane Salerno’s feature documentary would spill secrets about the reclusive author. And Harvey Weinstein took to asking journalists to preserve reveals as he got them to do during The Crying Game. But they strategically let the first big one out of the bag today, after 100,000 books were shipped. The New York Times reports that the docu Salinger reveals that there are plans to posthumously publish five new tomes starting in 2015, works that the Catcher In The Rye author penned from his concrete bunker after he went into seclusion and stopped releasing his works for public consumption. They include The Family Glass, expanding on characters from Franny and Zooey; The Last and Best of the Peter Pans; a manual of the Vedanta religion; a WWII-set novel inspired by Salinger’s own marriage; and a novella drawn from his time in the Army. The Weinstein Co. releases Salinger on September 6.
J.D. Salinger Documentary Bombshell: More Books To Be Posthumously Published
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- TNT Nabs Rights To Five Upcoming Marvel Pics Including 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'
- Bill Hader To Host 'SNL' October 11
- Veria Living Rebrands And Gets New Name – Now Z Living
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations