Richard Gere‘s first starring role since his Golden Globe-nominated turn in Arbitrage will be as a hedonistic philanthropist who ingratiates himself into the lives of a newlywed couple in order to re-create the life he once had. Andrew Renzi wrote and will direct Franny, which he developed through the Sundance Screenwriters Lab. Production starts next month, and QED will launch international sales at Toronto. The film is being produced by Treehouse Pictures, which also did 2012’s Arbitrage; that film became a VOD sensation — grossing a whopping $12 million in VOD as part of a $52 million total worldwide gross, and making that release strategy no longer feel like a consolation prize. Thomas B. Fore, Jason Michael Berman and Jay Schuminsky are producing Franny, with Shelley Browning, Michael Diamond, Ruth Mutch and John Friedberg exec producing. Renzi’s credits include the shorts Karaoke! and The Fort, both of which premiered at Sundance. Gere is repped by WME and attorney Barry Hirsch. Renzi is with CAA, Washington Square Arts and attorney Linda Lichter.
Toronto: Richard Gere, ‘Arbitrage’ Producer Treehouse Pictures Reteam For ‘Franny’
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Seth Rogen To Play Walter Cronkite In 'Newsflash;' David Gordon Green-Helmed Pic On CBS JFK Assassination Coverage
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Latest Film News
- Film & TV Firms To Breathe Easier: European Parliament Votes Against ‘Country Of Origin’ Proposals
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date