EXCLUSIVE: Tom Sizemore has joined the cast of Sundance Channel‘s second original scripted series The Red Road, which has a straight-to-series six-episode order. It’s described as a hard-hitting drama that revolves around a local cop (Martin Henderson) struggling to keep his family together while simultaneously policing two clashing communities: the small town where he grew up and the neighboring mountains, home of a Native American tribe. After a terrible tragedy and coverup occurs involving the cop’s wife (Julianne Nicholson), an unholy alliance is forged between the cop and ex-cop Phillip Kopus (Jason Momoa), a dangerous member of the tribe that will come back to haunt all involved. Sizemore, repped by APA and Polimedia, plays Phillip’s father Jack Kopus, a terrifying and unpredictable drug dealer. Phillip returns home to run Jack’s small-town drug ring. Writer Aaron Guzikowski and Sarah Condon are exec producing and Bridget Carpenter serves as executive producer/showrunner. James Gray will direct the first episode. The first Sundance original series, Rectify, returns for a second season next year.
Tom Sizemore To Co-Star In Sundance Channel Drama Series ‘The Red Road’
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- As Disney Junior Turns 5, Nancy Kanter Talks Boys Vs. Girls, Disney Synergies, Multi-Platform Challenges, Kids TV Future
- ‘The Simpsons’ Nancy Cartwright Launches Production Banner Spotted Cow With First Projects In Place…
- ‘Vinyl’s Terence Winter Talks Mick Jagger, Season 2 Plans, Olivia Wilde & Scorsese
- Colin Woodell Joins John Ridley’s ABC Pilot ‘Presence’
- Democratic Debates Rebound On PBS/CNN Simulcast, Scoring 8.03M Viewers
- Andrea Martin To Star In Tracey Wigfield NBC Pilot, Kimrie Lewis-Davis Also Cast