EXCLUSIVE: Tom Sizemore has joined the cast of Sundance Channel‘s second original scripted series The Red Road, which has a straight-to-series six-episode order. It’s described as a hard-hitting drama that revolves around a local cop (Martin Henderson) struggling to keep his family together while simultaneously policing two clashing communities: the small town where he grew up and the neighboring mountains, home of a Native American tribe. After a terrible tragedy and coverup occurs involving the cop’s wife (Julianne Nicholson), an unholy alliance is forged between the cop and ex-cop Phillip Kopus (Jason Momoa), a dangerous member of the tribe that will come back to haunt all involved. Sizemore, repped by APA and Polimedia, plays Phillip’s father Jack Kopus, a terrifying and unpredictable drug dealer. Phillip returns home to run Jack’s small-town drug ring. Writer Aaron Guzikowski and Sarah Condon are exec producing and Bridget Carpenter serves as executive producer/showrunner. James Gray will direct the first episode. The first Sundance original series, Rectify, returns for a second season next year.
Tom Sizemore To Co-Star In Sundance Channel Drama Series ‘The Red Road’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Fortune Feimster Comedy From Tina Fey, ‘Uncle Buck’ Reboot Get ABC Pilot Orders
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host J.K. Simmons
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'