EXCLUSIVE: Tom Sizemore has joined the cast of Sundance Channel‘s second original scripted series The Red Road, which has a straight-to-series six-episode order. It’s described as a hard-hitting drama that revolves around a local cop (Martin Henderson) struggling to keep his family together while simultaneously policing two clashing communities: the small town where he grew up and the neighboring mountains, home of a Native American tribe. After a terrible tragedy and coverup occurs involving the cop’s wife (Julianne Nicholson), an unholy alliance is forged between the cop and ex-cop Phillip Kopus (Jason Momoa), a dangerous member of the tribe that will come back to haunt all involved. Sizemore, repped by APA and Polimedia, plays Phillip’s father Jack Kopus, a terrifying and unpredictable drug dealer. Phillip returns home to run Jack’s small-town drug ring. Writer Aaron Guzikowski and Sarah Condon are exec producing and Bridget Carpenter serves as executive producer/showrunner. James Gray will direct the first episode. The first Sundance original series, Rectify, returns for a second season next year.
Tom Sizemore To Co-Star In Sundance Channel Drama Series ‘The Red Road’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'