EXCLUSIVE: Tom Sizemore has joined the cast of Sundance Channel‘s second original scripted series The Red Road, which has a straight-to-series six-episode order. It’s described as a hard-hitting drama that revolves around a local cop (Martin Henderson) struggling to keep his family together while simultaneously policing two clashing communities: the small town where he grew up and the neighboring mountains, home of a Native American tribe. After a terrible tragedy and coverup occurs involving the cop’s wife (Julianne Nicholson), an unholy alliance is forged between the cop and ex-cop Phillip Kopus (Jason Momoa), a dangerous member of the tribe that will come back to haunt all involved. Sizemore, repped by APA and Polimedia, plays Phillip’s father Jack Kopus, a terrifying and unpredictable drug dealer. Phillip returns home to run Jack’s small-town drug ring. Writer Aaron Guzikowski and Sarah Condon are exec producing and Bridget Carpenter serves as executive producer/showrunner. James Gray will direct the first episode. The first Sundance original series, Rectify, returns for a second season next year.
Tom Sizemore To Co-Star In Sundance Channel Drama Series ‘The Red Road’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS
- Endemol Shine CEO Defends TV Business: “We Have Never Had It So Good” – Mipcom
- Fox Developing Couples Dancing Show As ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ Awaits Renewal Decision
- MTV’s Nicole Byer Pilot Casts Sophie Von Haselberg, Fahim Anwar & Rachel Hilson