Tobias Menzies (Game Of Thrones) has landed a dual co-starring role in Starz‘s upcoming Outlander, a Ron Moore series based on Diana Gabaldon’s best-selling books. Outlander follows the story of Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743, where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. When she is forced to marry Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan), a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, a passionate affair is ignited that tears Claire’s heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives. Menzies will play Claire’s 20th century husband Frank Randall, a professional historian with a deep interest in the 18th century and his own genealogy. He also will play Jonathan “Black Jack” Randall, Frank’s ancestor from the 18th century, a Captain in the English Army posted into Scotland during a time when rebellion was rife.
Tobias Menzies Cast In Starz’s ‘Outlander’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Female Ensemble Comedy From ‘Faking It’ Creators
- Ellen Wong Joins Netflix’s ‘G.L.O.W.; ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Adds Sydney Morton
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur
- Sony Pictures Int’l Pacts With Producers Eduardo Cisneros & Jason Shuman
- ‘Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour’ Concert Film To Premiere On Showtime