TiVo says its new Roamio DVRs are like “Roku, Apple TV, Slingbox, Google TV, your cable DVR – rolled into one.” The suite of products includes three devices which can record up to six shows at once and store up to 450 hours. The bigger news is that via the Roamio devices, subscribers will soon be able to stream to iPhones and iPads in or out of the house. Shows can also be downloaded to mobile devices for later viewing. Although the out-of-home option is not available at launch, TiVo president and CEO Tom Rogers touted its arrival saying, “Now, wherever you roam your TiVo Roamio is there. In the next room, in the kitchen, in a hotel room across the world – connecting you right to your living room TV recordings.” The basic Roamio will record four shows simultaneously and store up to 75 hours; it requires TiVo Stream be purchased separately for streaming to mobile devices. Roamio Plus can record four shows at once and store up to 150 hours while Roamio Pro can record six shows and store 450 hours. The latter two have built-in streaming capability. The devices retail for $199.99, $399.99 and $599.99, respectively and went on sale today. The software has also been upgraded to make it easier to find and record or stream shows via recommendations and a channel guide with filters.
TiVo Launches Roamio DVRs With Increased Storage And Outside-The-Home Streaming
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess