Showtime‘s new eight-episode drama series Penny Dreadful as former 007 Timothy Dalton has been tapped as one of the leads on the show from the team behind the most recent James Bond film, John Logan and Sam Mendes. Created, written and executive produced by Logan and executive produced by Mendes, the psychosexual horror series features some of literature’s most iconic figures as they become embroiled in Victorian London. Dalton will play Sir Malcolm, a hardened African explorer on a deeply personal quest. He joins previously cast Josh Hartnett and Eva Green.
Timothy Dalton To Star In John Logan’s Showtime Series ‘Penny Dreadful’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate