For now, at least, the ball’s in Time Warner Cable‘s court. As the company’s carriage stalemate with CBS drags on, TWC said today that will offer its digital subscribers in the CBS blackout area a free preview of the Tennis Channel from August 26 to September 9 as its serves up coverage of the U.S. Open. The channel will offer 240 hours of coverage of the NYC event, including 75 hours live. But CBS has exclusive TV rights to the men’s and women’s semifinals and finals, as well as the mixed doubles final. In a statement CBS said, “The only way to watch CBS’s coverage of the U.S. Open on television is on CBS.” It remains to be seen whether TWC customers will be able to watch those matches.
Time Warner Cable Offers Free Tennis Channel Preview In CBS Blackout Areas
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories