For now, at least, the ball’s in Time Warner Cable‘s court. As the company’s carriage stalemate with CBS drags on, TWC said today that will offer its digital subscribers in the CBS blackout area a free preview of the Tennis Channel from August 26 to September 9 as its serves up coverage of the U.S. Open. The channel will offer 240 hours of coverage of the NYC event, including 75 hours live. But CBS has exclusive TV rights to the men’s and women’s semifinals and finals, as well as the mixed doubles final. In a statement CBS said, “The only way to watch CBS’s coverage of the U.S. Open on television is on CBS.” It remains to be seen whether TWC customers will be able to watch those matches.
Time Warner Cable Offers Free Tennis Channel Preview In CBS Blackout Areas
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'