For now, at least, the ball’s in Time Warner Cable‘s court. As the company’s carriage stalemate with CBS drags on, TWC said today that will offer its digital subscribers in the CBS blackout area a free preview of the Tennis Channel from August 26 to September 9 as its serves up coverage of the U.S. Open. The channel will offer 240 hours of coverage of the NYC event, including 75 hours live. But CBS has exclusive TV rights to the men’s and women’s semifinals and finals, as well as the mixed doubles final. In a statement CBS said, “The only way to watch CBS’s coverage of the U.S. Open on television is on CBS.” It remains to be seen whether TWC customers will be able to watch those matches.
Time Warner Cable Offers Free Tennis Channel Preview In CBS Blackout Areas
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- UK Magician Troy Von Scheibner To Star In New Reality Series On Syfy
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch