The coming-of-age story of two abandoned and scared boys trying to survive in New York City will open on October 11 in limited release, Lionsgate said today. Directed by George Tillman Jr, The Inevitable Defeat Of Mister And Pete stars Skylan Brooks, Ethan Dizon, Jordin Sparks, Jeffrey Wright, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Anthony Mackie and Jennifer Hudson. Michael Starrbury penned the script. The film will go up against Sony/Columbia’s Captain Phillips and Open Road’s Machete Kills which are opening wide. Relativity’s Romeo And Juliet, Buena Vista’s The Fifth Estate and Radius/TWC’s All The Boys Love Mandy Lane are also set to bow on that date.
‘The Inevitable Defeat Of Mister And Pete’ Sets October 11 Release
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest Film News
- First Look At ‘Downton’s Dan Stevens As Golden-Locked ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Prince
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ $22M+ Opening Is An August Record For Screen Gems – Saturday Update
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- ‘Complete Unknown’ Clip: “Your Farsi Is Getting Much Better”