Fans of the Syfy supernatural drama won’t have to wait until Haven returns for a fourth season on September 13 to learn what happened right after the explosive Season 3 finale. The Season 3 DVD set of the series will include an exclusive Haven: After The Storm mini-graphic novel. With 100,000 copies printed, the 16-page comic details the immediate aftershock of the meteor-falling season ender on the mysterious town of Haven, Maine. Among other things, that finale saw FBI agent-turned-local cop Audrey Parker (Emily Rose) and the Duke Crocker (Eric Balfour) character disappear into a vanishing barn. The DVD set comes out on September 3, and the graphic novel won’t be available anywhere else. The “Thanks For The Memories” episode of the eOne- and Big Motion Pictures-produced series, based on Stephen King’s 2005 novella The Colorado Kid, aired on January 17. The upcoming Season 4 of Haven actually picks up six months after the events of Season 3 finale, so the graphic novel partially bridges the gap between cycles. Scripted by the series writers assistant Nick Parker under guidance from Haven’s showrunners and drawn by Captain America and Immortals: Gods & Heroes artist Steve Ellis, the promotional comic is intended to play right to the series fanboy core market and give the DVD release some extra juice. Scott Hampton, who drew parts of the best-selling and award-wining graphic novel version of Neil Gaiman’s recent The Graveyard Book, drew the cover of Haven: After The Storm. Horror master King approved the comic but was not directly involved in its production, a source says. All in, the graphic novel cost just under $30,000 to put together and print. Haven the TV series is executive produced by eOne’s John Morayniss and Big Motion’s David MacLeod with Lloyd Segan, Shawn Piller, Scott Shepherd and Matt McGuinness. Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn, who developed the series, are also EPs.
Syfy’s ‘Haven’ Gets Graphic Novel Treatment In Season 3 DVD Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'