Tugg, ITVS, Independent Lens, Mongrel Media and Cinedigm are partnering to release Steven Hoover‘s Blood Brother on multiple platforms in North America. ITVS acquired TV broadcast rights for Independent Lens, Cinedigm has rights for DVD and digital and Mongrel Media will release the film in theaters in Canada. Blood Brother is the story of Rocky Braat, an American graphic designer who went to India as a tourist and decided to stay after discovering an orphanage for children with HIV. Blood Brother won the US Documentary Grand Jury Prize and the Audience Award at Sundance 2013. It will be released in theaters in October and will have its television premiere on Independent Lens/PBS in January 2014.
Sundance Pic ‘Blood Brother’ Gets Multi-Platform Distribution Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest Film News
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize: Report
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners