Tugg, ITVS, Independent Lens, Mongrel Media and Cinedigm are partnering to release Steven Hoover‘s Blood Brother on multiple platforms in North America. ITVS acquired TV broadcast rights for Independent Lens, Cinedigm has rights for DVD and digital and Mongrel Media will release the film in theaters in Canada. Blood Brother is the story of Rocky Braat, an American graphic designer who went to India as a tourist and decided to stay after discovering an orphanage for children with HIV. Blood Brother won the US Documentary Grand Jury Prize and the Audience Award at Sundance 2013. It will be released in theaters in October and will have its television premiere on Independent Lens/PBS in January 2014.
Sundance Pic ‘Blood Brother’ Gets Multi-Platform Distribution Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Seth Rogen To Play Walter Cronkite In 'Newsflash;' David Gordon Green-Helmed Pic On CBS JFK Assassination Coverage
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Latest Film News
- Film & TV Firms To Breathe Easier: European Parliament Votes Against ‘Country Of Origin’ Proposals
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t Come…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The Contenders…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date