Michael Thornton moves into a new position that will oversee network sales, affiliate marketing, and the distribution business that includes Anchor Bay Entertainment, Starz Worldwide Distribution, and Starz Digital Media. He’ll be based in Englewood, Colo. offices and report to Starz President Glenn Curtis. “In the rapidly changing media business landscape, it is important for Starz to unite together the revenue businesses of affiliate sales and Starz Distribution under one senior executive,” CEO Chris Albrecht says. Prior to the promotion, Thornton was EVP Acquisitions, Business and Legal Affairs. Meanwhile, the company says that Ed Huguez will step down as President of Affiliate Distribution but remain an advisor through the first quarter of 2014. “During his tenure, Ed has been instrumental in increasing the value of the networks, the channels’ distribution and revenue,” Albrecht says. “We thank him for his hard work and dedication to the company and are grateful for his help during the transition.”
Starz Promotes Michael Thornton To Chief Revenue Officer As Distribution President Ed Huguez Steps Down
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Business News
- ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Toys Unwrapped Tonight Via Fanboy Short Series ‘#GoRogue…
- Singer Chris Brown Arrested For Assault With A Deadly Weapon
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two
- Tribune Media Could Collect $240M In Deal To Sell Chicago’s Tribune Tower
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…