Andrew Heller was former vice chairman of Turner Broadcasting System before retiring this spring after 27-plus years at Time Warner. As president of Turner Networks Sales, he ran the distribution of 10 domestic networks to the cable, satellite and telco industries, while also serving as chairman of Turner Private Networks. The former Time Warner counsel also helped spearhead the company’s TV Everywhere initiatives. “Andy’s long industry career and deep understanding of the business of media and programming will serve Starz well”, Starz CEO Chris Albrecht said in a statement today announcing Heller’s election to the board of directors.
Former Turner Vice Chairman Andrew Heller Joins Starz Board
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot