Andrew Heller was former vice chairman of Turner Broadcasting System before retiring this spring after 27-plus years at Time Warner. As president of Turner Networks Sales, he ran the distribution of 10 domestic networks to the cable, satellite and telco industries, while also serving as chairman of Turner Private Networks. The former Time Warner counsel also helped spearhead the company’s TV Everywhere initiatives. “Andy’s long industry career and deep understanding of the business of media and programming will serve Starz well”, Starz CEO Chris Albrecht said in a statement today announcing Heller’s election to the board of directors.
Former Turner Vice Chairman Andrew Heller Joins Starz Board
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'
- 'Focus' Trailer: Will Smith, Margot Robbie & The Big Con
- Katherine McNamara Books 'The Maze Runner 2′ & 'Indiscretion'