Andrew Heller was former vice chairman of Turner Broadcasting System before retiring this spring after 27-plus years at Time Warner. As president of Turner Networks Sales, he ran the distribution of 10 domestic networks to the cable, satellite and telco industries, while also serving as chairman of Turner Private Networks. The former Time Warner counsel also helped spearhead the company’s TV Everywhere initiatives. “Andy’s long industry career and deep understanding of the business of media and programming will serve Starz well”, Starz CEO Chris Albrecht said in a statement today announcing Heller’s election to the board of directors.
Former Turner Vice Chairman Andrew Heller Joins Starz Board
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series