Andrew Heller was former vice chairman of Turner Broadcasting System before retiring this spring after 27-plus years at Time Warner. As president of Turner Networks Sales, he ran the distribution of 10 domestic networks to the cable, satellite and telco industries, while also serving as chairman of Turner Private Networks. The former Time Warner counsel also helped spearhead the company’s TV Everywhere initiatives. “Andy’s long industry career and deep understanding of the business of media and programming will serve Starz well”, Starz CEO Chris Albrecht said in a statement today announcing Heller’s election to the board of directors.
Former Turner Vice Chairman Andrew Heller Joins Starz Board
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'