Spike TV has ordered 10 one-hour episodes of the new original series in which restaurateur Jon Taffer and expert chefs John Besh and Tiffany Derry reach out and help “diamond in the rough” failing restaurants meet their potential. Hungry Investors, produced by Eyeworks USA, goes into production this fall and will premiere in spring 2014. Each week, the Hungry Investors team puts two struggling restaurants to the test to prove they deserve a second chance at success. The enterprise that shows the most promise of turning things around earns a significant cash investment. Taffer also serves as an executive producer along with JD Roth, Todd A. Nelson, Brant Pinvidic and DJ Nurre.
Spike TV Greenlights Original Series ‘Hungry Investors’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Apprentice’ Launched Donald Trump’s Presidential Bid, ‘Frontline: The Choice 2016’ Filmmaker…
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Pens Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton
- ‘Hell On Wheels’ Series Finale Draws 2.5 Million Viewers In Live+3
- ‘Mercy Street’ Season 2 Stresses Drama Of Battle Scenes, Corset Lacing, And Fingernails
- Nat Geo Greenlights ‘The Long Road Home’ Event Series Based On Martha Raddatz Book
- Michael Giordano Upped To SVP Business Affairs At 20th Century Fox TV