Spike TV has ordered 10 one-hour episodes of the new original series in which restaurateur Jon Taffer and expert chefs John Besh and Tiffany Derry reach out and help “diamond in the rough” failing restaurants meet their potential. Hungry Investors, produced by Eyeworks USA, goes into production this fall and will premiere in spring 2014. Each week, the Hungry Investors team puts two struggling restaurants to the test to prove they deserve a second chance at success. The enterprise that shows the most promise of turning things around earns a significant cash investment. Taffer also serves as an executive producer along with JD Roth, Todd A. Nelson, Brant Pinvidic and DJ Nurre.
Spike TV Greenlights Original Series ‘Hungry Investors’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video