EXCLUSIVE: Buoyed by his latest film’s strong platform opening numbers, The Spectacular Now producer/financier Andrew Lauren has just closed a deal for film rights to The Carrion Birds, the novel by The Terror Of Living author Urban Waite. Lauren will produce through his Gotham-based Andrew Lauren Productions shingle. Set in a Southwestern border town, the book tells a contemporary Western story about a killer ready to put down his guns and reconnect with his young teenage son for a life far from the bloodshed. When a final job of stealing a rival’s stash goes wrong near the Mexico border, it puts the killer in the crosshairs of his morally conflicted cousin and a new female sheriff. ALP exec Dave Platt brought in the book and David Boyle made the deal with Joel Gotler repping Sobel Weber Associates Inc. Lauren, the son of fashion icon Ralph Lauren, previously exec produced Noah Baumbach’s The Squid And The Whale.
‘Spectacular Now’ Financier Andrew Lauren Options Urban Waite’s ‘The Carrion Birds’
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Nears $700M WW; ‘Kong’ Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore – International…
- Family-Branded Films On Fire: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Headed To $90M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Jazz Doc 'I Called Him Morgan' Hits Solid Note; 'Wilson' Walks Slow – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update