EXCLUSIVE: Buoyed by his latest film’s strong platform opening numbers, The Spectacular Now producer/financier Andrew Lauren has just closed a deal for film rights to The Carrion Birds, the novel by The Terror Of Living author Urban Waite. Lauren will produce through his Gotham-based Andrew Lauren Productions shingle. Set in a Southwestern border town, the book tells a contemporary Western story about a killer ready to put down his guns and reconnect with his young teenage son for a life far from the bloodshed. When a final job of stealing a rival’s stash goes wrong near the Mexico border, it puts the killer in the crosshairs of his morally conflicted cousin and a new female sheriff. ALP exec Dave Platt brought in the book and David Boyle made the deal with Joel Gotler repping Sobel Weber Associates Inc. Lauren, the son of fashion icon Ralph Lauren, previously exec produced Noah Baumbach’s The Squid And The Whale.
‘Spectacular Now’ Financier Andrew Lauren Options Urban Waite’s ‘The Carrion Birds’
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- David Tennant & Elisabeth Moss’ ‘Mad To Be Normal’ Headed To Samuel Goldwyn Films
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans
- ‘Just Getting Started’ Trailer: Morgan Freeman & Tommy Lee Jones Are Rivals-Turned-Partners
- Zak Olkewicz To Adapt ‘Time Salvager’ For Michael Bay At Paramount
- ‘All I See Is You’ Trailer: Blake Lively Regains Sight In Open Road’s Upcoming Thriller