One Tree Hill alumna Sophia Bush and Patrick Flueger (The 4400) have joined Chicago Fire‘s upcoming spinoff series Chicago PD as series regulars. On the NBC midseason drama, about the workings of the Chicago police department’s investigative team, Bush will play Erin Lindsay, a member of the team with an unexpected past. Flueger will play Kyle Ruzek, a hotheaded rookie plucked by Voight (Jason Beghe) from the Academy for dangerous, delicate undercover work for the Intelligence unit. The two join fellow CPD stars Beghe and Jon Seda, who were in the planted spinoff episode of Chicago Fire, and Jesse Lee Soffer, who joined earlier this summer. Bush is expected to fill the female void on the show left by the exit of original female lead Melissa Sagemiller, who was not picked up beyond the backdoor pilot. Dick Wolf, Matt Olmstead, Danielle Gelber, Peter Jankowski, Michael Brandt, Derek Haas and Mark Tinker executive produce for Wolf Films and Universal TV.
Sophia Bush & Patrick Flueger Join NBC’s ‘Chicago PD’ As Series Regulars
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Praises Newt Gingrich For Telling Megyn Kelly She’s Fascinated With Sex
- Stana Katic Poised To Star In Thriller Drama Series ‘Absentia’ For Sony’s AXN
- Hollywood Research Firm MarketCast Sold To Kohlberg & Co.
- World Series Ratings Up For Game 1 On Fox; Most Shows Hold Up Well Against It
- AwesomenessTV & Verizon Hire Ex-Uni TV Head Of Drama Russell Rothberg As SVP
- LAPD Has “No Suspects” In Donald Trump’s Walk Of Fame Star Destruction