One Tree Hill alumna Sophia Bush and Patrick Flueger (The 4400) have joined Chicago Fire‘s upcoming spinoff series Chicago PD as series regulars. On the NBC midseason drama, about the workings of the Chicago police department’s investigative team, Bush will play Erin Lindsay, a member of the team with an unexpected past. Flueger will play Kyle Ruzek, a hotheaded rookie plucked by Voight (Jason Beghe) from the Academy for dangerous, delicate undercover work for the Intelligence unit. The two join fellow CPD stars Beghe and Jon Seda, who were in the planted spinoff episode of Chicago Fire, and Jesse Lee Soffer, who joined earlier this summer. Bush is expected to fill the female void on the show left by the exit of original female lead Melissa Sagemiller, who was not picked up beyond the backdoor pilot. Dick Wolf, Matt Olmstead, Danielle Gelber, Peter Jankowski, Michael Brandt, Derek Haas and Mark Tinker executive produce for Wolf Films and Universal TV.
Sophia Bush & Patrick Flueger Join NBC’s ‘Chicago PD’ As Series Regulars
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History