After an 8-year stint in the U.S., producer Simon Andreae is headed back to Britain to hang production shingle Scarlet Media. Sony Pictures Television is backing the venture and taking a majority stake. It will also distribute Scarlet’s output internationally. This marks the fifth UK production company owned by SPT and its 19th international outfit. London-based Scarlet Media will focus on original factual and factual entertainment formats as well as series and specials. Andreae will be managing director, reporting to SPT president of international production Andrea Wong. Most recently, Andreae was SVP West Coast Development and Production for Discovery. He is also founder of LA-based The Incubator and a former Channel 4 exec. SPT’s other UK production companies are Left Bank Pictures, Gogglebox Entertainment, Silver River and Victory Television.
Sony Pictures Television, Simon Andreae Launch UK Production Outfit Scarlet Media
What's Hot on Deadline
'Deadpool' Smacking Christian Grey's February Records With $47.5M+ Friday, Amazing $129M-$136M 4-day
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest International News
- Paramount Closes Domestic Deal For George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’- Berlin
- Rob Cohen’s ‘Category 5’ Sees Storm Of Sales Action For Foresight – Berlin
- Paul Rudd, Steve Coogan To Share ‘An Ideal Home’ – Berlin
- Charlotte Rampling To Star With Josh Hartnett In ‘Valley of the Gods’ – Berlin
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend