After an 8-year stint in the U.S., producer Simon Andreae is headed back to Britain to hang production shingle Scarlet Media. Sony Pictures Television is backing the venture and taking a majority stake. It will also distribute Scarlet’s output internationally. This marks the fifth UK production company owned by SPT and its 19th international outfit. London-based Scarlet Media will focus on original factual and factual entertainment formats as well as series and specials. Andreae will be managing director, reporting to SPT president of international production Andrea Wong. Most recently, Andreae was SVP West Coast Development and Production for Discovery. He is also founder of LA-based The Incubator and a former Channel 4 exec. SPT’s other UK production companies are Left Bank Pictures, Gogglebox Entertainment, Silver River and Victory Television.
Sony Pictures Television, Simon Andreae Launch UK Production Outfit Scarlet Media
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'
- UPDATE: UK Jewish Film Fest, London's Tricycle Cinema Reach Entente