Charles Sipkins had worked with several media companies in his role at crisis PR firm Sard Verbinnen, including advising for Yahoo and Peter Chernin. Now he will become senior communications executive at Sony Pictures Entertainment and report directly to SPE co-heads Michael Lynton and Amy Pascal. A Sony spokesman said today Sipkins will oversee all aspects of the company’s corporate communications and the existing SPE team. Variety reported the news first. Sony Pictures has been in the news all summer fending off Third Point hedge fund CEO Daniel Loeb, who criticized SPE for poor box office performances from titles like After Earth and White House Down among other things and wanted parent Sony to spin off its entertainment assets. Sony didn’t budge and Loeb later backed off.
Sony Pictures Taps Charles Sipkins To Head Corporate PR
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'