Charles Sipkins had worked with several media companies in his role at crisis PR firm Sard Verbinnen, including advising for Yahoo and Peter Chernin. Now he will become senior communications executive at Sony Pictures Entertainment and report directly to SPE co-heads Michael Lynton and Amy Pascal. A Sony spokesman said today Sipkins will oversee all aspects of the company’s corporate communications and the existing SPE team. Variety reported the news first. Sony Pictures has been in the news all summer fending off Third Point hedge fund CEO Daniel Loeb, who criticized SPE for poor box office performances from titles like After Earth and White House Down among other things and wanted parent Sony to spin off its entertainment assets. Sony didn’t budge and Loeb later backed off.
Sony Pictures Taps Charles Sipkins To Head Corporate PR
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies