Charles Sipkins had worked with several media companies in his role at crisis PR firm Sard Verbinnen, including advising for Yahoo and Peter Chernin. Now he will become senior communications executive at Sony Pictures Entertainment and report directly to SPE co-heads Michael Lynton and Amy Pascal. A Sony spokesman said today Sipkins will oversee all aspects of the company’s corporate communications and the existing SPE team. Variety reported the news first. Sony Pictures has been in the news all summer fending off Third Point hedge fund CEO Daniel Loeb, who criticized SPE for poor box office performances from titles like After Earth and White House Down among other things and wanted parent Sony to spin off its entertainment assets. Sony didn’t budge and Loeb later backed off.
Sony Pictures Taps Charles Sipkins To Head Corporate PR
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV